Profile Picture

New Bonneville Race Truck

Posted By 57FordPU 14 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Back on the rear axle with the new alloy axles, long wheel studs and brakes installed.

Charlie Burns Laton, Ca (South of Fresno)

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com

nonne_56
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Charlie

Thank's for your great hospitality from me and my family. It's really nice to follow your project when we have seen it in live.

Good luck and hope to see you again and best regards to your wife.

Tomorrow i leave for Australia for 2 weeks of work, hope to find something y-block related " down under" to help me survive.

Bernt, South Sweden. 1956 Victoria 2 Door Hardtop

dullchrome
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Nice work Charlie..as always.  Cant wait to see it our at the track.

Chris

God created whiskey so that the Irish wouldnt rule the world.SoCal

nonne_56
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Next week i will be in Melbourne and the week after in the Sidney area.

Is there any place to visit when it comes to our cars

Bernt, South Sweden. 1956 Victoria 2 Door Hardtop

57FordPU
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Thanks Chris, you know I will be there eventually.

Bernt, you are welcome here anytime.  It was a pleasure to meet you and your family.  I enjoyed talking to your son and finding out he was a gear head, even if he has a rice rocket.  We especially enjoyed finding out about Sweden's politics, weather, and day to day life.  When you said you had to chuckle when you only had to pay $4 per gallon for gas for that big LTD rental car, remember that if you took a trip at home like you did here in California, you would have had to show your passport at least 4 times!!!  It might not be to bad to pay close to $8 when you don't have far to drive.

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com

57FordPU
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Adapting the GMC Sonoma shock mounts to the Ford 9" u-bolt brackets.

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com

texasmark1
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
why the long wheel studs? noticed them on the front of "Jake" as well...

just wondering...

thanks,Mark

"God Bless Texas"location: Houston,TX

Hollow Head
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
As in Drag Racing, long bolts prevent wheels to come off of the hubs even if the bolts are loose? Ok, it does wobble a lot before it comes off and gives a signal to the driver...BigGrin

With short bolts it just comes off... and then crash and learn thing w00t.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/e3fd9a79-e7c3-47ff-a648-8cd5.jpg Seppo from Järvenpää, Finland
www.hollowheads.net (just click the hole in the head to proceed)

aussiebill
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
nonne_56 (5/19/2011)
Next week i will be in Melbourne and the week after in the Sidney area.

Is there any place to visit when it comes to our cars

Berndt, google " pinkys car events" and click on Victoria ( melb) and NSW (Sydney) for events that may tie in with your visit. Where in Sydney will you be working etc and when. Best regards bill

AussieBill            YYYY    Forever Y Block     YYYY

Down Under, Australia

57FordPU
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Seppo, I like your explanation as a reason for the long wheel studs.  I learn something new everyday.

Hey Mark, my reason for using them (and Tim as well), is that 1" lug nuts fully engaged on the studs (with threads left over) are required for classes over 200 mph (and I plan to go there).

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com

Reading This Topic

Site Meter