Profile Picture

New Bonneville Race Truck

Posted By 57FordPU 14 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
The new race truck will surely be controversial.  I will show the progress on the roll cage, chassis and the Y-Block engine. 

The 57 Ford pickup is now officially retired, due to budget restraints it will be a donor for some race and safety parts.  I hope to put it back on the street in the future.

The roll cage main hoop is the first fabrication project.

Charlie Burns Laton, Ca (South of Fresno)

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com

BIGREDTODD
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (349 reputation)Supercharged (349 reputation)Supercharged (349 reputation)Supercharged (349 reputation)Supercharged (349 reputation)Supercharged (349 reputation)Supercharged (349 reputation)Supercharged (349 reputation)Supercharged (349 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hopefully everyone will look past certain characteristics, and just enjoy another kick-ass truck Charlie...and, it looks as if we are going to have to start a thread on the Unibody here, too BigGrin

Todd in Central California...about half way between Fresno and Sacramento

1956 Thunderbird - 1960 F-100 - 1961 Starliner - 1961 Imperial
Ted
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
Charlie.  By all means keep up the posts.  Certain deviations will be obviously be overlooked.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

57FordPU
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Thanks Todd and Ted, I will continue to post as long as there is an interest. 

I like to start with a clean frame.

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com

Glen Henderson
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
By all means keep us updated Charlie, I have always wanted to put a Ford in a scrub, just never got around to it!

Glen Henderson

Freedom is not Free

Letohatchee, AL
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (92 reputation)Supercharged (92 reputation)Supercharged (92 reputation)Supercharged (92 reputation)Supercharged (92 reputation)Supercharged (92 reputation)Supercharged (92 reputation)Supercharged (92 reputation)Supercharged (92 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Charlie,

Sound like good clean fun to me.  I have no doubt you will reach your goal.  Thanks for sharing.

I too have always wanted to put a Ford in a scrub... A nice Ford blue big block in one of their flagship cars (camaro or a vette) and enter it in all the car shows.  My way of getting back for all the classic Fords defaced with a scrub engine!

1956 F100 Big Window 309ci Y-block,  1956 F100 small window 272ci Y-block

Greg.  Mountains of North Eastern CA

BFOOTER03
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Charlie, are you going to name it the Flying Scrub??

Warsaw, IN
57FordPU
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Bing, I like your idea..............

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com
BIGREDTODD
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (349 reputation)Supercharged (349 reputation)Supercharged (349 reputation)Supercharged (349 reputation)Supercharged (349 reputation)Supercharged (349 reputation)Supercharged (349 reputation)Supercharged (349 reputation)Supercharged (349 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
You sure make quick work of a cleaned frame Charlie...

I've been considering sneaking a gantry lift into my garage for pulling bodies, but I think Corinne might not see the practicality.Crazy

Todd in Central California...about half way between Fresno and Sacramento

1956 Thunderbird - 1960 F-100 - 1961 Starliner - 1961 Imperial

pegleg
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

I had a chance to stop by Charlies last weekend. They invited me to stay over New Years Eve for dinner and a Movie. I had a fantastic time, the hospitality and the dinner was outstanding.

The new Truck is going to raise some eyebrows at the Lakes and the Salt Flats. Very professional, and slick. Nothing , and I mean absolutely nothing, in the world is going to be more fun than the look of horror on the faces of the Generals Brainwashed minions when they see the Y-Block FORD in that truck. w00t If you get a chance to take a camera when he opens the hood, aim it at the Scrub lovers when they first see it. The photos will be priceless. For years we've had to endure Scrub powered Fords, charlies gonna turn the tables on them. It'll be GREAT!! With one of Tim's engines in it it's going to fly.

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

Reading This Topic

Site Meter