Profile Picture

New Bonneville Race Truck

Posted By 57FordPU 14 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Thank's Bill and sorry Charlie for hijacking your thread a little bit but i am sure you understand and forgive.

I dont know where i will be in Sidney, i will visit a lot of dairies around there.

Thanks for the tip, i will google and see what i can find.

Bernt, South Sweden. 1956 Victoria 2 Door Hardtop

57FordPU
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
No problem Bernt.

Here are the clamped leaf springs that really stiffened up the rear suspension.

Charlie Burns Laton, Ca (South of Fresno)

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com

57FordPU
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

No "C" notches required, just fabricated axle bumpers from the stock units.

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com

nonne_56
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
aussiebill (5/20/2011)
nonne_56 (5/19/2011)
Next week i will be in Melbourne and the week after in the Sidney area.

Is there any place to visit when it comes to our cars

Berndt, google " pinkys car events" and click on Victoria ( melb) and NSW (Sydney) for events that may tie in with your visit. Where in Sydney will you be working etc and when. Best regards bill

Bill

There is something on Liverpool Catholic Club on Sunday, do you know if it worth a visit.

Funny, my Aussie colleque knows Pinky, it,a small world..

Bernt, South Sweden. 1956 Victoria 2 Door Hardtop

aussiebill
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
nonne_56 (5/24/2011)
aussiebill (5/20/2011)
nonne_56 (5/19/2011)
Next week i will be in Melbourne and the week after in the Sidney area.

Is there any place to visit when it comes to our cars

Berndt, google " pinkys car events" and click on Victoria ( melb) and NSW (Sydney) for events that may tie in with your visit. Where in Sydney will you be working etc and when. Best regards bill

Bill

There is something on Liverpool Catholic Club on Sunday, do you know if it worth a visit.

Funny, my Aussie colleque knows Pinky, it,a small world..

Berndt, generally street machine show but everything will be there, bit modern for me, dont forget SYDNEY DRAGWAY has 2 day meet and is not far.Smile

AussieBill            YYYY    Forever Y Block     YYYY

Down Under, Australia

texasmark1
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
longer wheel studs = ok to do over 200 mpg, huh?

guess I'm safe with my stock ones!

thanks for the edge-u-mo-cation!

Mark

"God Bless Texas"location: Houston,TX

57FordPU
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Mark,

Thanks for the comment, I welcome them all.  I'm just trying to share what's needed to be able to compete and go straight.  The long studs are but one of a "long as your arm" list of safety requirements.

Pinion mount panhard bar.

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com

glrbird
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Last Active: Last Year
charlie

What is the reason for the panhard bar on a leaf spring car, do you think there is enough lateral movement at high speed to need this, or is the other thinking?

Gary Ryan San Antonio.TX.

57FordPU
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Gary,

That's a good question, it wouldn't seem like one would be needed to go in a straight line.  Drag racers use them all the time because of rear axle "walk" during launches and shifts and road racers need them for cornering.

I've done my best with the rear springs to maintain stability by making them stiffer and installing new bushings.  Even with that there is some side play and just a little creates some "rear steer" that increases with speed.  The main problem would be in a spin.  You want that chassis to be stable and stay as flat as possible. 

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com

aussiebill
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
57FordPU (5/26/2011)
Gary,

I've done my best with the rear springs to maintain stability by making them stiffer and installing new bushings.  Even with that there is some side play and just a little creates some "rear steer" that increases with speed.  The main problem would be in a spin.  You want that chassis to be stable and stay as flat as possible. 

Charlie, while you,re thinking of spinouts you may want a compass on the dash to get back on course. lol.Smile

AussieBill            YYYY    Forever Y Block     YYYY

Down Under, Australia

Reading This Topic

Site Meter