Profile Picture

New Bonneville Race Truck

Posted By 57FordPU 14 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks Todd,  a little break from the floor to set up the rear axle.  The driveline angles will help determine the tunnel dimensions.

UPS brought a nice surprise.  The alloy axles, studs and bearing retainers are from Strange.  The narrowed 9" housing and pumpkin setup are performed by Speed Frame Engineering in Farmersville, CA who sponsor me (thanks Al).

Charlie Burns Laton, Ca (South of Fresno)

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com

57FordPU
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

More new parts to finish the rear axle installation.  Pinion mount panhard bar bracket, new U-bolts.  Also a firewall mount heim for the steering.

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com

Y block Billy
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I was hoping to see the brick run at Loring before you retired it? The reveiws of the place have been great from what I read, the people like it a lot.

55 Vicky & customline

58 Rack Dump, 55 F350 yard truck, 57 F100

59 & 61 P 400's, 58 F100 custom cab, 69 F100, 79 F150, 82 F600 ramp truck, 90 mustang conv 7 up, 94 Mustang, Should I continue?

57FordPU
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks Billy, I would have liked to run there too.  I have talked to a few fellow racers that ran there and they said it was the smoothest track they have ever been on.  It also would have been fun to set a record there with a Y-Block for others to shoot at.

Their meets are in July and another big swing back east like we did in 2008 would be great.  We could do Maxton in June, Loring in July, Columbus in early September and make the October Bonneville meet.

Corene and I spent 70 days in that 8' camper on the first trip.  We stayed with friends and relatives from time to time, but 58 nights were spent in the camper and we did quite well.  Do I think she would put up with 140 days on the road?  We would have to hit up every friend, acquaintance and relative for lodging to survive that. 

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com

pintoplumber
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
You're welcome here again.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/3047f5ac-add1-4e79-a3ed-14ea.jpg  Dennis in Lititz PA
57FordPU
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks Dennis, you guys are automatics, as long as you will have us.

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com
Y block Billy
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I have plenty of room in Maine. However, Loring is another 350 miles north of me so I would probably have to camp with you up there.

55 Vicky & customline

58 Rack Dump, 55 F350 yard truck, 57 F100

59 & 61 P 400's, 58 F100 custom cab, 69 F100, 79 F150, 82 F600 ramp truck, 90 mustang conv 7 up, 94 Mustang, Should I continue?

57FordPU
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Billy, if it comes to pass and you are not off some place saving the world, we would have a great time. 

I just read where Maxton will probably not get it's lease renewed.  That would be a shame, it was developing it's own reputation in the East and was showing increased participation and speeds.

More work on the floor and a drive shaft loop.

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com

57FordPU
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Flooring work is new to me.  Progress is slow and time is precious, I work on the new race truck as much as possible, but more important priorities take precedent (darn all nine grand kids, my wife, myself, our parents, friends, the garden, etc.)

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com

BIGREDTODD
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (349 reputation)Supercharged (349 reputation)Supercharged (349 reputation)Supercharged (349 reputation)Supercharged (349 reputation)Supercharged (349 reputation)Supercharged (349 reputation)Supercharged (349 reputation)Supercharged (349 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I'd say you're showing it who's boss, Charlie...

Nice work transitioning the factory floor contours to the flat floor skeleton...and I love how you re-purpose things to achieve the shapes you need, very clever.

Todd in Central California...about half way between Fresno and Sacramento

1956 Thunderbird - 1960 F-100 - 1961 Starliner - 1961 Imperial

Reading This Topic

Site Meter