Profile Picture

Stainless headers in Aussieland

Posted By slick56 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I've hijacked a topic on 5752-113 head porting (sorry CJ), so i thought i'd open a new topic on these headers.

(To see CJ's topic with some info on the headers )

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic99008.aspx

The headers on fleabay are AU$275 plus post, pretty cheap for Aussieland

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281238932933&fromMakeTrack=true

They appear to be copies of (or may even be) Sanderson Headers...

http://www.sandersonheaders.com/Sanderson-FTB1-Ford-Y-Block-Header-Set-for-1955-57-Thunderbird.html

This has probably been answered before, but while i'm here,

Will the TBird headers fit the full size Fords, specifically 1955,56 ?

South Australia

slick56
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Got a reply from the vendor, he doesn't know about fitment, but they are a Sanderson design, except for the flanges.

South Australia

CK and his 55Tbird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Yet they are a tad better being Stainless.

And we all give and share on this site, right.

What is so close to the engine of the sedan??? I would think the Tbirds are tighter every where?
slick56
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Here is a link to the Rex headers.

http://www.rexhp.com/fuelblocks.html

As you can see, they are way different to the TBird style, and twice the price.

South Australia

CK and his 55Tbird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
I see they are a tuned length system, but they look great.
Rono
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I think the Aussie headers are AWESOME and I may try them on my coupe project. They are similar in design to the Sanderson headers, but those headers are plain steel cost $345 uncoated and over $500 with the ceramic coating. Also, the Sanderson headers state that they are NOT to be used with header gaskets. This makes me think that they may be a 1 application header in that once they get torqued down and "blueprinted" to a particular set of heads, they could possibly leak when put on a different set of heads.

I have a set of Red's Passenger Duel Tube headers on my 56 Customline. they only have a 2" collector and even that flange comes right next to the steering shaft. The Sanderson design looks like it dumps further forward. May be just what I needBigGrin

Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

Rono
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I went back and read the seller's shipping options and he states that he does not ship internationally. I e-mailed him (waiting for a response) and told him of the potential market that awaits him in the states and wondered why he has this policy. Would any of our down under Y-Blockers care to act as middle man so I could get a set of these shipped to the states??

Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

aussiebill
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Rono (1/27/2014)
I went back and read the seller's shipping options and he states that he does not ship internationally. I e-mailed him (waiting for a response) and told him of the potential market that awaits him in the states and wondered why he has this policy. Would any of our down under Y-Blockers care to act as middle man so I could get a set of these shipped to the states??

Rono

Generally despite all of us wanting hard to get parts, either shipping someting big from US or from Aust, the costs are v/expenive and deter most hopefulls, Any one considered why these are so cheap?

AussieBill            YYYY    Forever Y Block     YYYY

Down Under, Australia

aussiebill
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

aussiebill (1/27/2014)
Rono (1/27/2014)

Rono

Generally despite all of us wanting hard to get parts, either shipping someting big from US or from Aust, the costs are v/expenive and deter most hopefulls, Any one considered why these are so cheap?

Just to put things in perspective, unless you can get someone to carry a set across when visiting the US , then as is, the shipping costs are prohibitive, Example ! working on Aust post Max weight of 20 kgs/ 44 lbs, then shipping cost would be $269.00 AU. Add that to ebay sellers item cost and you are in $500.00 + area, less dollar devaluation your way, multiply x .88 = $440.00 ? usd. This is general exaple and may vary.

Down Under, Australia

aussiebill
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

slick56 (1/27/2014)
Got a reply from the vendor, he doesn't know about fitment, but they are a Sanderson design, except for the flanges.

Alan, they are for LHD cars,

Down Under, Australia

Reading This Topic

Site Meter