Profile Picture

Stainless headers in Aussieland

Posted By slick56 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
AussieBill;

I wonder why there stainless headers are so cheap also, but even if shipping, tariffs etc. were $100.00, it would still be a very good deal and be a lot cheaper than the Sanderson Headers.

Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

aussiebill
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Rono (1/27/2014)
AussieBill;

I wonder why there stainless headers are so cheap also, but even if shipping, tariffs etc. were $100.00, it would still be a very good deal and be a lot cheaper than the Sanderson Headers.

Rono

My guess is they are chinese made headers for US cars? in my last post how does that cost compare to the sanderson ones in same style, material etc, not sure why you use $100.oo as shipping, when its closer to $250.00

AussieBill            YYYY    Forever Y Block     YYYY

Down Under, Australia

Rono
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

AussieBill;

First, I had no idea shipping from down under would be about $250 to the States. That being said, the Sanderson Headers in plain steel (on Ebay) are $345.00, ands Ceramic Coated are $515.00. So, that would make these stainless headers about $465 with shipping to the States (if the vendor shipped here). Also, the Sanderson headers do not include the collectors or any hardware. If they are Chinese made, that could be a quality issue. That would be something I would like to know.

Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

dbird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I can't comment on the passenger car headers, but Sanderson headers for my Thunderbird came with collectors and bolts to mount to the head. No bolts for the collectors or gaskets for the collectors. Also, of there is a Good Guys or similar meet where they have a booth, they give a show discount. These stainless headers do look like a nice copy of the Sanderson headers though.

Don
CK and his 55Tbird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
To start with the weight of freight will be less than 20 kg, closer to 5-10 Kg. Plus shipping via boat will be cheaper.I can look into it if you would like.

Oh and I ment the Rex pipes "aren't" tuned length, etc.
I can see a mild difference from Saunders to the stainless sets, though they look fairly even length.
I would expect the similarity of design may have a patent issue if the Stainless guy sells to the States?????
I'd say he is making them him self and having a supply of steel handy.
If i can help with shipping I will.

I would think the position of the pipes further forward would be better, firstly the paint is gone at the fire wall of my TBird from the stock manifolds (the heat riser is mostly to blame for this) therefore getting the pipes away from this situation is an advantage for anyone and allowing the pipes to cool too.
Rono
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

The seller responded to my question and said I could check on the postal rates using the Austpost calculator using Sydney2000 and a 10KG shipping weight. I did this and selecting Express Post International, the cost would be $189.50 to Zone 4, U.S. I think they ship to the closest major city to my zip code and then the parcel is mailed off to my zip code. Sea Mail delivery would be cheaper, $114.20, but has no tracking or signature on delivery. I told the seller (John) that if he could confirm this shipping cost, I would be willing to go for it if he would. It still would be a better deal than the Sanderson headers. BTW, I did ask if the headers were made locally and if the collectors were 2&1/2". Waiting for a response.

Rono

aussiebill
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

Rono (1/28/2014)
The seller responded to my question and said I could check on the postal rates using the Austpost calculator using Sydney2000 and a 10KG shipping weight. I did this and selecting Express Post International, the cost would be $189.50 to Zone 4, U.S. I think they ship to the closest major city to my zip code and then the parcel is mailed off to my zip code. Sea Mail delivery would be cheaper, $114.20, but has no tracking or signature on delivery. I told the seller (John) that if he could confirm this shipping cost, I would be willing to go for it if he would. It still would be a better deal than the Sanderson headers. BTW, I did ask if the headers were made locally and if the collectors were 2&1/2". Waiting for a response.

Rono

I too had contacted john re post etc and was getting back to me on actual weight, if you read back to my 1st post i was trying to give example of o/seas freight from here bssed on max weight allowed.to make some comparison of prices.

Down Under, Australia

Rono
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I got a response back from John. He says the actual weight of the headers is 8Kg. He has 45 different designs at present and more coming all the time. He does manufacture the headers in China, but his design is different than Sanderson's. He uses 10mm laser cut flanges with gaskets. He sounds really discouraged in the trade inequality between the States and Australia. He says the shipping cost from the States to Australia is 1/2 of the cost from Australia to the States. He still does not seem willing to ship to the states.

Rono

aussiebill
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Rono (1/29/2014)
I got a response back from John. He says the actual weight of the headers is 8Kg. He has 45 different designs at present and more coming all the time. He does manufacture the headers in China, but his design is different than Sanderson's. He uses 10mm laser cut flanges with gaskets. He sounds really discouraged in the trade inequality between the States and Australia. He says the shipping cost from the States to Australia is 1/2 of the cost from Australia to the States. He still does not seem willing to ship to the states.

Rono

Thanks for update, have you confirmed what vehicle these fit? bill.

Down Under, Australia

aussiebill
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Rono (1/29/2014)

Rono

Ro, i have sent you email. bill

Down Under, Australia

Reading This Topic

Site Meter