Profile Picture

Stainless headers in Aussieland

Posted By slick56 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
CK (5/1/2014)
And i'm envious of the booster fitment, I'm pretty sure it won't fit the tbird quite the same.

Thanks CK.  The aluminum plate at the back of the booster is an adapter I made that raises the booster a couple of inches.  The booster and master cylinder now clear the exhaust manifold by a lot.  I had to add the plate because the two push rods that came with the booster didn't fit.  One was too long the other too short.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia
CK
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi guys
Curious how others went with these headers?
I've found the bolts continually loosening up and thinking of getting a better set which may hold tension under such conditions.
Any suggestions?
ian57tbird
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I have not installed mine (not sure if I ever will) but you might consider getting some stainless star washers or a bit of Loctite. I think you have the alloy heads so make sure they are in deep enough. I would also be tempted to go to bolts with a larger head and a star washer. The bolt they supply are not very good quality, if you check the threads you can see that they have a course finish and probably not good for alloy heads. What they supplied is 3/8UNC x 1" long and you could go to 1 1/4" long if you needed with a full 9/16AF head. The only hole that you might struggle to fit 1 1/4" long is the second hole back on the left bank, 1" with a 9/16 head fits as I tried it but it was close, maybe 1 1/8 long might fit if you needed a bit more length.
Stainless changes size more with temperature changes so that might help to work things loose as well. 
62bigwindow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I just talked to him via email and he said he would ship to the states for $150 aud. Not sure what the conversion rate is but it might not be a bad deal.

Durham Missouri
aussiebill
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
The conversion rate is your way, aussie $ is about 77 cents US.

AussieBill            YYYY    Forever Y Block     YYYY

Down Under, Australia

62bigwindow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I am glad I went through and reread the post.I was getting ready to buy a set from him and seen that they wont work on the sedans. Thunderbird only. Bummer, the price was pretty good with the echange rate.

Durham Missouri

Reading This Topic

Site Meter