Profile Picture

Stainless headers in Aussieland

Posted By slick56 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Well guys I bought a set today.Fingers crossed they are any good.
I will let you know when I get them how they look.
Rono
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Bill;

Never got your e-mail. Please try again. I have not confirmed what these headers will fit, but I'm hoping they will work for my 37 coupe project.

Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

lyonroad
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
CK and his 55Tbird (1/27/2014)

What is so close to the engine of the sedan??? I would think the Tbirds are tighter every where?

I've wondered this myself so I looked into it. I don't have a Tbird so I had to rely on internet images. On the sedans it is often stated that the motor mounts interfere with the use of headers or say “Rams Horn” manifolds. This is not the case. The interference is with the upper A arm shafts and the upper spring pocket. There is 1 1/2” space between the tips of the spark plugs and the upper A arm shaft. On the Tbirds the Upper A arm appears to be ahead of the manifold. I strongly suspect that these Aussie Y block headers will not work on sedans.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia
aussiebill
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
lyonroad (1/30/2014)

What is so close to the engine of the sedan??? I would think the Tbirds are tighter every where?

I've wondered this myself so I looked into it. I don't have a Tbird so I had to rely on internet images. On the sedans it is often stated that the motor mounts interfere with the use of headers or say “Rams Horn” manifolds. This is not the case. The interference is with the upper A arm shafts and the upper spring pocket. There is 1 1/2” space between the tips of the spark plugs and the upper A arm shaft. On the Tbirds the Upper A arm appears to be ahead of the manifold. I strongly suspect that these Aussie Y block headers will not work on sedans.

Been trying to suggest this from the start! as the description is vague as to what they actually fit, i think they are t bird ones copied from sandresons and as sanersons dont make sedan ones , and as such doubt they,ll fit sedans. but stand to be corrected.

AussieBill            YYYY    Forever Y Block     YYYY

Down Under, Australia

aussiebill
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Rono (1/30/2014)
Bill;

Never got your e-mail. Please try again. I have not confirmed what these headers will fit, but I'm hoping they will work for my 37 coupe project.

Rono

Thats a shame! i went into a bit of detail. i live about 2 hrs away from seller, you can have them shipped to my address and i,ll post them on to you, my zip is 2318. See my reply to lyonroad today , i doubt they,ll fit in 37 coupe or56 sedan. regards bll.

AussieBill            YYYY    Forever Y Block     YYYY

Down Under, Australia

glrbird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
If you look at the pictures of Ron's car with the engine in, looks like they would work to me.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic81637.aspx?PageIndex=3

Sure would look goooood on that motor.

Gary Ryan San Antonio.TX.

CK and his 55Tbird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
lyonroad (1/30/2014)

Ah because the engine is recessed back in comparison.
I can measure for you in a few weeks when i have the engine back etc.
Woody
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (84 reputation)Supercharged (84 reputation)Supercharged (84 reputation)Supercharged (84 reputation)Supercharged (84 reputation)Supercharged (84 reputation)Supercharged (84 reputation)Supercharged (84 reputation)Supercharged (84 reputation)

I am in Sydney area so happy to take my car around to check sedan fitment if the seller is agreeable. I have sent him an email. Just looking at them I suspect they would not fit a Customline/ Mainline engine bay but you never know....

Cheers, Woody.   
OzMainline
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (29 reputation)Normally aspirated (29 reputation)Normally aspirated (29 reputation)Normally aspirated (29 reputation)Normally aspirated (29 reputation)Normally aspirated (29 reputation)Normally aspirated (29 reputation)Normally aspirated (29 reputation)Normally aspirated (29 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Looking forward to an outcome with these headers! Not often we in Oz get a good deal on Y block parts.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d4990ad0-4661-4caf-959f-7cb2.jpgFormer '59 Star Model Mainline owner: Current '59 Star Model Mainline owner
Woody
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (84 reputation)Supercharged (84 reputation)Supercharged (84 reputation)Supercharged (84 reputation)Supercharged (84 reputation)Supercharged (84 reputation)Supercharged (84 reputation)Supercharged (84 reputation)Supercharged (84 reputation)

I made a template to scale and can confirm that these headers do not fit a sedan, or to be more specific they won't fit my 59. Not even close.

Cheers, Woody.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter