Profile Picture

High ratio roller rockers, for Aluminum heads

Posted By John Mummert 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
One of the things we changed about the aluminum head was to move the rocker stand bolt closest to the intake manifold farther from the existing lower row.That left room to move the rocker shaft father from the valve making rocker ratios above 1.60:1 possible. This new rocker is longer from the roller to the shaft so it can't be used on factory heads.We just got our first set of samples of the new rockers
Modern 1.70:1 rocker ratio similar to all Ford V8 engines (except SBF) since 1958
With so many of the popular cam grinds being low lift designs this will put nearly all of them in the .450-.500" lift range.
Price has still to be determined.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/c59095b9-48c5-41b3-bf3f-490c.JPG

http://ford-y-block.com 

20 miles east of San Diego, 20 miles north of Mexico

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post High ratio roller rockers, for Aluminum heads By John Mummert ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Darn John are you following in the steps of Edelbrock? Of course I... By MoonShadow ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Chuck, yeah I still have a few ideas in the works. Finding a good... By John Mummert ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]John Mummert (4/5/2013)[/b][hr] Finding a good foundry that... By pegleg ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Frank, is there some "I told you so" in that comment? By John Mummert ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Naw! I'm sure you told me that! I'm really glad you found a reliable... By pegleg ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Put our new rockers to the test this weekend and was really happy with... By John Mummert ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Investment casting ? By pegleg ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Frank, the rockers are 2024 billet aluminum, all CNC machined.The 1.7... By John Mummert ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Very pretty. Too bad i can't convince the tech inspectors at the Pure... By pegleg ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Paint the heads Frank, They'll never know the difference and I won't... By speedpro56 ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Gary, I expect those rocker arms would give the game away! By pegleg ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Speaking of rocker covers. John; Did you have to make any valve cover... By marvh ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Frank Frank!! you have to keep a straight face:rolleyes:at all times. By speedpro56 ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Considering that no respectable speed equipment house would EVER have... By MoonShadow ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post What, do they make you remove your valve covers? By charliemccraney ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Frank, these rockers are actually factory items. My uncle worked at... By John Mummert ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post You see Frank, we're with you all the way in using these factory... By speedpro56 ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post So if Frank buys a set of these rockers, and if I decide to again race... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post And he has no idea how "correct" you car is John. :Whistling: Chuck By MoonShadow ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post John's right about Bobby-boo. He's definitely an Indian Freak. But,... By pegleg ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Frank: Your remark about the 4 spd 57 Ch-v-s, reminds me that was one... By PF Arcand ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post You got it Paul. Don't forget the Sedan Deliveries with 4 speed... By pegleg ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Back to the rockers, as you move the ratio higher the shaft gets... By Y block Billy ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Y block Billy (5/13/2013)[/b][hr]Back to the rockers, as you... By Ted ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hi Ted, I'm sure that what you just said is correct, but I'm... By NoShortcuts ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]NoShortcuts (5/13/2013)[/b][hr]Hi Ted, ... Is there any... By Ted ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Frank and Ted, Thanks for the information. Truth be told I'm still... By NoShortcuts ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post If the spring is 200 lbs. at a given point, the pressure on the lifter... By pegleg ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post One thing that should be added to the good info given is that the... By John Mummert ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post John . Thanks for elaborating further on the additional forces... By Ted ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post No, it's no good because I now have more questions :P Wouldn't the... By charliemccraney ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Charlie, The larger base circle will allow a larger contact area with... By pegleg ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post I understand how it is being represented. By nature, I'm trying to... By charliemccraney ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Charlie a larger radius has more contact area than a smaller radius I... By John Mummert ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post I guess I'll have to accept that "a larger radius has a larger contact... By charliemccraney ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Charlie, you're right, but the flatter or larger radius does carry oil... By pegleg ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Charlie mechanical engineers use Hertzian Stress calculation for... By John Mummert ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post I always assumed that the reason lifters had a concave face, was to... By Glen Henderson ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thank you, that is awesome. I realize what the simplicity of my... By charliemccraney ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Charlie, and THAT'S why when I visit John, I sit and listen.... By pegleg ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Having a larger base circle and higher rocker ratio creates a stronger... By CK and his 55Tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Spring type clothespins do a good job of holding the lifters up for a... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]CK and his 55Tbird (3/4/2014)[/b][hr]Having a larger base... By aussiebill ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post The service manual shows the wooden clothes pins that John is... By Ted ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post And here’s the link to the thread showing a picture of the... By Ted ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post wooden clothes pins aren't exactly that common anymore either! :)... By bird55 ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Alan: You're right. My wife still uses the solar clothes dryer in... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post John, my wife could supply the Canadian market if your wife wants to... By lyonroad ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post But that's what Hot Rodding is all about. Finding something close to... By CK and his 55Tbird ( 10 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter