Profile Picture

High ratio roller rockers, for Aluminum heads

Posted By John Mummert 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Paint the heads Frank, They'll never know the difference and I won't tellWhistling.

-Gary Burnette-

pegleg
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Gary, I expect those rocker arms would give the game away!

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

charliemccraney
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
What, do they make you remove your valve covers?

Lawrenceville, GA
marvh
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)

Speaking of rocker covers.
John;
Did you have to make any valve cover modifications to run those 1.7:1 rockers without hitting the valve covers.
I have 1.6:1 rockers and had to use the heavy rubber gaskets to clear the rockers adjusters with Edelbrock valve covers.
I guess with the 1.7:1 rockers the adjusters will be further inward so likely have more clearance.
marv
speedpro56
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Frank Frank!! you have to keep a straight faceRolleyesat all times.

-Gary Burnette-

MoonShadow
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Considering that no respectable speed equipment house would EVER have made roller rockers for a lowly Y-Block they must be factory! Right? Sounds like a plan to me, what scrub or lopar fanatic would know any different? And if the inspector is a Y's guy he'll probably want to know where he can get a set. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
John Mummert
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
Frank, these rockers are actually factory items. My uncle worked at factory and was in charge of destroying the experiments when they were through with them.They made 50 sets (so of course they are legal) of these but instead of destroying them he took them home. That's your story and I think you should stick to it.Wink

http://ford-y-block.com 

20 miles east of San Diego, 20 miles north of Mexico

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

speedpro56
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

You see Frank, we're with you all the way in using these factory rockersWhistling.

-Gary Burnette-

Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 40 minutes ago
So if Frank buys a set of these rockers, and if I decide to again race my blown '57 Bird at the same race, then I'll have to have a set too. That way, when the inspector sees one set, he can check the other car to verify they are indeed two of the fifty sets that John's uncle "acquired". That inspector is a Pontiac guy, and the first time he teched my car he said, "I don't know what I'm looking at. I assume it's correct".

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
MoonShadow
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

And he has no idea how "correct" you car is John. Whistling Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire

Reading This Topic

Site Meter