Profile Picture

SMALL BLOCK IN A 56 ???????????

Posted By THRASHER 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
THRASHER (2/12/2012)
So ,I guess the general concencus is that I should re-install the rebuilt 292 that came with my Vic when I bought it.Huh ?LOL

Yep. It might surprise you.

There are other benefits, too. You can leave the stock motor installed and actually manage to be "different" as a result because it's almost guaranteed there won't be many Ys at a show.

You will also get many questions about the unique looking motor you swapped in, when in fact it is stock.

Occasionally, you may be chastised by so called Ford guys about putting a Chevy in your car. That happened to me once and it was fun.

And you'll get questions about it simply because it's not that common.

Lawrenceville, GA
THRASHER
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
I am considering a SMALL BLOCK FORD (351 WINDSOR) ....,NOT A SMALL BLOCK CHEVY.
pegleg
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thrasher, He's trying to tell you that a dressed up 292 with the distributor in the back, will fool most of your buddies. they'll THINK it's a small block Chevy. You'll know better.w00t 

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

junkyardjeff
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
If you decide to go with a 351 I would be interested in the 292 or we can work out a deal for my 351.

Butchering up everything I can get my hands on in Dayton Ohio
THRASHER
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
If I do decide to go with the 351 Windsor, I will be selling the 292 with automatic transmission along with the Thunderbird finned valve covers.
MoonShadow
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Y Blocks are just plain COOL!

McCulloch is in the Vicky        This motor is for the Chrysler roadster

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
speedpro56
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Have a friend not far from me who bought a beautiful 56 crown with a 351 W an he also has a 57 ford ranchero with a new 312 that will eat the 351s lunch and is now considering building a 312 to go back into the crown. He also has a ton of other old cars sorta like Jay Leno and a garage better than most homes around here. Truth is in my opinion a decked out YBlock is a much nicer looking engine than a 302-351-352-390-428 of which I've owned all of them but the surprise was the power the Ys can make.

-Gary Burnette-

PF Arcand
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Thrasher ;Just to ad a bit, granted all of the regulars on this site are prejudiced, but if your Victoria is relatively stock bodied (?) and not some wild custom, it will be worth more with a stock engine block than in some modified form... our mid 50's Fords c/w Y-Blks, are enjoying a renewal of interest recently..

Paul
Y block Billy
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
More to add to this, when you can lug up a steep hill in a Y at 20 mph in 4th gear, its amazing! when you step on the pedal and feel the low end torque, Its amazing! when you can smoke the tires through the gears with a coumn mounted shifter, its amazing. When I can get in a 58 and drive it across country with a motor that has who knows how many miles, Its amazing! when you turn the keuy and the thing starts right up in an instant at 20 below, Its amazing!

there are many more amazing points I could list here, but try that in a late model engine and you will be depressed!

just My 2 cents.

55 Vicky & customline

58 Rack Dump, 55 F350 yard truck, 57 F100

59 & 61 P 400's, 58 F100 custom cab, 69 F100, 79 F150, 82 F600 ramp truck, 90 mustang conv 7 up, 94 Mustang, Should I continue?

Duck
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (393 reputation)Supercharged (393 reputation)Supercharged (393 reputation)Supercharged (393 reputation)Supercharged (393 reputation)Supercharged (393 reputation)Supercharged (393 reputation)Supercharged (393 reputation)Supercharged (393 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
A question probably best asked over on the HAMB or Fordbarn ...

BOO- YA!!! http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Uploads/Images/0f6c8c70-4f39-42e0-a021-bc5e.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter