Profile Picture

SMALL BLOCK IN A 56 ???????????

Posted By THRASHER 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
oops! you do say 56 in the subject, it doesnt show up in the message and I never looked up top.

55 Vicky & customline

58 Rack Dump, 55 F350 yard truck, 57 F100

59 & 61 P 400's, 58 F100 custom cab, 69 F100, 79 F150, 82 F600 ramp truck, 90 mustang conv 7 up, 94 Mustang, Should I continue?

junkyardjeff
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
The 351 I have in my 55 does not have as much torque as the 272 it replaced.

Butchering up everything I can get my hands on in Dayton Ohio
Doug T
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (773 reputation)Supercharged (773 reputation)Supercharged (773 reputation)Supercharged (773 reputation)Supercharged (773 reputation)Supercharged (773 reputation)Supercharged (773 reputation)Supercharged (773 reputation)Supercharged (773 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Months Ago
No I don't have a '56 and I wouldn't put a small block in one if I did have one.  If fact I am going the other way.  I just bought a 63 1/2 Falcon Sprint and I am going to Y block it!! 

Doug Thrasher Tongue

Doug T

The Highlands, Louisville, Ky.

PWH42
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (981 reputation)Supercharged (981 reputation)Supercharged (981 reputation)Supercharged (981 reputation)Supercharged (981 reputation)Supercharged (981 reputation)Supercharged (981 reputation)Supercharged (981 reputation)Supercharged (981 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I can't understand why someone would come to a site for Y-blocks to get information about something unrelated to Y-blocks.

Paul,

Boonville,MO

The Master Cylinder
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
PWH42 (2/11/2012)
I can't understand why someone would come to a site for Y-blocks to get information about something unrelated to Y-blocks.

Exactly my first thought before I even read any of the other responses. Ermm

http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Uploads/Images/af13a279-385d-4926-92f2-349a.jpg"The Master Cylinder"

Enjoying life at the beach in SOCAL Smooooth

Y block Billy
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Thanks for the clarification Doug and congrats on Y blocking a Falcon.

On another note, Aren't you the one who made the cartoon of the Y coming out of the grave tapping on the scrub shoulder saying "Were Back" and the RIP grave stone. I love that cartoon and we have to get somebody to make T shirts of it.

55 Vicky & customline

58 Rack Dump, 55 F350 yard truck, 57 F100

59 & 61 P 400's, 58 F100 custom cab, 69 F100, 79 F150, 82 F600 ramp truck, 90 mustang conv 7 up, 94 Mustang, Should I continue?

lyonroad
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Just so I can keep up with the lingo, what's a "scrub"?

Thanks

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia
MoonShadow
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Anything made by gm. Bad robot, bad bad bad. Smile Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
THRASHER
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
So ,I guess the general concencus is that I should re-install the rebuilt 292 that came with my Vic when I bought it.Huh ?LOL
MoonShadow
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
It is your car after all. On this site we are rabid fans of the Y-Block and believe strongly that they were given a bum rap by the scrub mania of the 50's and 60's. If you search this forum you will find a much different picture of the racing venues of that period and the Y-Block dominance. Yes thats correct Y-Block dominance.

Most of us are a bit older and have been fans of the Y for many years. We were first hand experiencing the slanted press that continues to this day. Almost any open brand site you visit is overrun with gm with the occasional token Ford/Mercury.

For these reasons we hate to see a Y-Block replaced with any other engine but especially by scrub's.

If the only reason you were considering the swap is to get a more modern engine I would recommend you give the rebuilt Y a shot first. With minimal expense to update the engine it can be a good performer along with the correctness of keeping the car "stock".

Again it is your car we can only recommend based on our personal experience and preferences. Thanks for coming to the forum to ask your questions. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire

Reading This Topic

Site Meter