Profile Picture

Turbocharged 292 stroker!!!

Posted By Hutz 292 13 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (468 reputation)Supercharged (468 reputation)Supercharged (468 reputation)Supercharged (468 reputation)Supercharged (468 reputation)Supercharged (468 reputation)Supercharged (468 reputation)Supercharged (468 reputation)Supercharged (468 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Radio/Stereo!!!! You've got that Y-BLOCK music under the hood.....can't wait to see the 4 wheel burnouts...

Bill

Pelham,Al

Hutz 292
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hey everyone got my carpet today so I began installing it and my seats. Got everything together in just in time today for the snow and crappy roads. So I didn't drive it but it is nice to have my seats and shifter back in the truck. I took some pics of the interior for everyone.

The carpet install went pretty good. It's tough when you have to drill holes through the carpet because it you don't cut it the drill bit will pull the threads out of the carpet in line down the carpet. OOOOPS! At least it only happened under were the seats are.

You can see the beautiful weather in the backround. Also see the new mirrors. I like them, they wil be especially helpful with the dyno trailer on this summer.

New black carpet and seat covers. I like the black interior color it looks great with the chrome.

I finally have a boot on my 4X4 shifter. I install sound deadining in the doors and under the carpet.

I also bought new window cranks, arm rests and the cubby trays for the doors. They look nice with the chrome trim. I am a sucker for the LMC magazine.

My custom speaker box it turned out nice and sounds good right there. I also bought an 8" subwoofer from LMC that only stands about 2.5" high and installed it under the center console. It has been a long time since I have messed with stereo stuff but I like the sound.

The old girl is looking good and is hungry for chevy blood!!!
MoonShadow
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Your truck is really looking good. I think we have all had the drill vs carpet experience. Sometimes you just gotta do it! Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Hutz 292
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)

Hey everyone I have some not so good news! Don't worry my engine is perfectly fine but my truck isn't. We were out just doing some minor road tuning and tried a few pulls and my throttle stuck wide open on one of our pulls. When he went to back out of the throttle he noticed the pedal wasn't coming up and at that point the turbos spooled and boom everything that engine had was letting us have it. Now you think that it would be easy to just shut the engine off but on my truck you have to turn the key off and then hit the kill switch. It took only seconds and we were going around sixty and the truck was sliding out of control for the ditch. At that point I grabbed the laptop I was tuning with and just held on so it wouldn't smack me in the head cause I thought for sure we were going to start rolling becasue we were hitting the ditch sideways. This whole time the engine is bouncing off the rev limiter at over 700 whp. We hit the ditch and it's kindof blurry from there. A bunch of noise and banging around and we came to a stop on our wheels. The truck flipped on it's side and slid down the ditch them ended on it's wheel, the whole time the engine is wide open. Once we stopped and I realized that we were ok I reached over and hit the kill switch. The right side is ok but the left side took a beating. It's fixable but not this summer so I found a truck locally to put my engine and trans in. A 99 F150 2 wheel drive short box. I did find what happened with my throttle, once turned the boost up to 24 lbs the pressure on the secondary throttle plates actually pushed them over center and that locked the linkage on the the outside. We will build a stop for that when we get it in the other truck. I will post the new build in the new truck. We already have all the mounts built and the best part is that my headers and turbos will work perfect. I just have to change my trans to two wheel drive which is easy with a new output shaft and extension housing. It is beyond disappointing about my truck becasue we spent the whole winter getting the interior done and the turbos set up but at least the engine still runs perfect. It was actually a nice day and the roads were good and dry but I guess it's hard to conrtol around a 1000 hp whenn you can't back out of the throttle.

This is how the truck came to a stop. You can onle see on track in front of it so some how I think it was on its left side on one or two wheels and kindof flopped into this position. The highay is straight in front of it about 60 feet away. The ditch was pretty steep I can't believe we didn't roll over. I think that the throttle being stuck open acutally saved us because it slid instead of digging in and flipping over.

The fender, hood and door are no big deal but the roof bent over and that is the crummy part. I will fix it but not now.

We have the engine out and ready for the other truck.
charliemccraney
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 37 minutes ago
That sucks. But everyone is ok and the damage doesn't look bad.

You can tell everyone that the '99 is an early experimental ecoboost.

Lawrenceville, GA
Hutz 292
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Ya we are ok and in the end it is just metal that can be reshaped and fixed!
bird55
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Glad everyone's OK.
Apparently the engine can stand the WOT for awhile then huh?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d8028aa4-f8f9-4981-9e51-4428.jpg
       A  L  A  N   F  R  A  K  E  S   ~  Tulsa, OK    

Hutz 292
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

It was at full power for about thirty seconds so I think it can handle drag runs and other races.
LordMrFord
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Sorry to hear you.

Btw. also sorry to bother you in moment of sadness, but can you post your advance map?
We are getting rid of mechanical advance control (atlast) with dragster and it might be easier to go on dyno with proven map.
Im out of knowledge with timing over 100 kpa Y-Blocks and many other are also in this world.Smile

Hyvinkää, FI
MoonShadow
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Very sorry to hear about the damage but the "ride" is one you will never forget. After this quarter mile blasts will seem tame I'm sure. At least all the important things survived, the engine and oh yeah you too! Smile Trucks are easier to replace/fix than people. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire

Reading This Topic

Site Meter