Profile Picture

Turbocharged 292 stroker!!!

Posted By Hutz 292 13 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Not too worried about the steering I have been driving this truck for years with 12.5 in wide mud tires so I am used to eating my Wheaties before i drive my truck. The tires should just clear inner fender well on the rear but we are prepared so modify it slightly if we have to. We wanted to go with the 305 so we could vet as much traction as possible.
bird55
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I'm curious to hear if those tig welded cross member welds fatigue over time, or something. I think the original frame was designed to give or flex in those areas and you have obviously strengthened them. This is the reason those old trucks moved around so much on and old crooked road as Chuck has mentioned earlier. This is fun to watch!

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d8028aa4-f8f9-4981-9e51-4428.jpg
       A  L  A  N   F  R  A  K  E  S   ~  Tulsa, OK    

Hutz 292
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)

Well we have the wheels on and the shackles done. I am liking the DUBS. I think it's time for a new coat of black paint?
Hutz 292
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

By the way we did have to do some slight custom tubbing on the rear fender wells for the tires to clear. Not bad just a little custom work. Was wondering if anyone has a flat black truck here and if they have a pic?
charliemccraney
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 10 hours ago
Oh, I didn't realize how high it would be after being lowered. Tire clearance issues are certainly minimized without having to worry about the fenders. Looks good!

Lawrenceville, GA
Hutz 292
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

We decided to hit it hard today.

MoonShadow
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Definate improvement. You will need to paint little gm scrub logo's on the fenders for each one you eat one the street. Super sleeper. Chuck
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/413b7af2-da93-4a6f-a192-42d5.jpg

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Hutz 292
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Took a few more pics for you. I decided to paint the interior also. I have new carpet, door arm rests, door panel storage inserts, headliner, inside door handles and a ford stereo from lmc truck on it's way. Doesn't take long to rack up a good bill with lmc.

I sent my injectors off to WhitchHunter in Washingtonto get flow tested. We were going to do this when we bought them but decided not to. The last couple runs we made it started to run a touch leaner so we figured as long as it is down for a while it would be a good time to do it.

Found some sweet twin turbo badges online!

MoonShadow
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Wow, looking great. What a sleeper you've built, you are going to terrorize the streets in that. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Hutz 292
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Well we got the injectors back and it is a good thing that we sent them off. They were performing at roughly half of what they should. One injector was less than half. We installed them and turned up the boost 2 lbs to about 23psi and hit are goal!!!!

The grey areas are what the injectors tested at before cleaning and the white area is after. The difference is incredible.

Well we hit this a few times so we can confirm it. Engine ran great and runs great still. Very happy with this motor and can't wait for summer to check it out on the street!!!

Reading This Topic

Site Meter