Profile Picture

what yokes fit a T-85 overdrive transmission?

Posted By Mark T 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (93 reputation)Supercharged (93 reputation)Supercharged (93 reputation)Supercharged (93 reputation)Supercharged (93 reputation)Supercharged (93 reputation)Supercharged (93 reputation)Supercharged (93 reputation)Supercharged (93 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I have a T-85 OD that I'm planning to put behind my Y-Block but I'm missing the driveshaft yoke. What year yokes will interchange?  Thanks..Mark

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post what yokes fit a T-85 overdrive transmission? By Mark T ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post First question would be "How many splines are on the output"?... By Oldmics ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post If the output shaft is 31 splines, then the yoke from a C6 automatic... By Ted ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post I'm pretty sure I counted 16 splines. By Mark T ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Check with some of the tbird parts houses, they get them at times for... By speedpro56 ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post What spline count does the light duty t-86 have? How about the... By Mark T ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post The T86 in 55 and 56 used 16 spline with a 1.036 spline diameter. The... By crenwelge ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post When Pegleg needed a 16 spline yoke for his T85, his local driveline... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post So the T-85 and T-86, with or without overdrive used a 16 spline yoke?... By Mark T ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post The T 85 is the transmission designation. You then have to add in the... By Oldmics ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Here are all of the numbers on the transmission. Trans case... By Mark T ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Mark I should have also asked what sort of machine that this tranny... By Oldmics ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post I have 2 T-89's the truck version of the T-85. One has a spicer yolk... By ejstith ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post In fact I'd trade them for a good T-86 that would bolt right in .. By ejstith ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post To anyone interested, I just received a yoke (from a C6) for my T85... By Daniel Jessup ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thanks Oldmics. I was going to install it in my '55 Sunliner but I've... By Mark T ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Just the fact that the R11-1 E and also the R11-1 H were 1956 installs... By Oldmics ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thank you very much...Mark By Mark T ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post I just check Ebay for a 16 spline yoke and found one for a Fordomatic,... By Mark T ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post What p/n are you talking about. 49-55 used the same Yoke except for... By crenwelge ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]crenwelge (1/21/2010)[/b][hr]What p/n are you talking about.... By Mark T ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post You absolutly have to measure the outside diameter of the yoke. 16... By Oldmics ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Oldmics (1/22/2010)[/b][hr]You absolutly have to measure the... By Mark T ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post In my Ford book, for some reason, that p/n has no dimensions. However... By crenwelge ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post I did what OldMic said and got one of those $30.00 yolks for a C-6.... By ejstith ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post I would have swore I saw on here, or somewhere, that one needed to use... By ejstith ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post The input shaft is going to be tough. You not only need the correct... By crenwelge ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post yeah that's the idea. I've been messing with this for over a year. I... By ejstith ( 14 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter