Profile Picture

Finned valley pan

Posted By BFOOTER03 16 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Does anybody make a finned valley pan with the breather?  Would prefer an aluminum one but not required.  Found a posting back from 06 and at the time nobody made one.  Prefer the breather in valley pan vs the valve covers.  Has anybody added a breather to a finned pan before. 

Here is where my interest arised from.

Warsaw, IN

charliemccraney
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
I think the covers Mummert is producing will have provisions for the stock breather. It wouldn't be difficult to drill a cast cover for a breather but space is limited on the valley cover.
You can use a similar process as described here: http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic3719-3-1.aspx?

Lawrenceville, GA
MoonShadow
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Mine was done on a mill with the head angled to match the tube angle on a tin cover. The hole was cut so that a s@#b chrome filler fit tight in it. Looks good and no leaks (so far). Chuck in NH

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
PF Arcand
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Bfooter: Maybe I misunderstand your question, but as pointed out there is almost no room for a separate breather in the valley pan. Your existing screened Oil Filler Cap is also the breather. Make sure it's kept clean. And no I wouldn't cut breathers into a set of original T.Bird covers either. Is there a lower draft tube breather on the drivers side of the engine? Or a draft tube breather at the back of the valley pan? .. and that's a nice photo of your engine!

Paul
BFOOTER03
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Paul perhpas I was not clear enought.  I am not wating to add an additional breather to the valley pan but looking for afinned one that has an oil filler like the OE pans do.  I would like to take credit for the engine but its just a picture I found on the net.

Warsaw, IN
2DRHRDTP57
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (213 reputation)Supercharged (213 reputation)Supercharged (213 reputation)Supercharged (213 reputation)Supercharged (213 reputation)Supercharged (213 reputation)Supercharged (213 reputation)Supercharged (213 reputation)Supercharged (213 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago

I purchased a Vintage Speed item and then had a fill tube hole machined into it in the exact same spot as the original pan referenced off the bolt that mounts the pan. worked out pretty good, I shortened the tube also as the original stuck out like a sore thumb.

1957 ________________ Ford

\___((_______________))___/

(@)________V__________(@)

[________I_____I_________]

__[__]__ o_______o___[__]___

Y Blocks, The New Flathead!

GREENBIRD56
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Nice work Dutchy - and the photo nails it...........

Those covers are beautiful when you've got a new motor to admire. But how are you guys going to keep that set of fins clean?

My machinist suggested that it would help to take it over and have it anodized or powder coated clear - and another suggested chrome plate.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/9ea2bf28-00c4-4772-9ac7-d154.jpg 
 Steve Metzger       Tucson, Arizona

bird55
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I think I might be getting one of those Valley covers in time for Christmas!?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d8028aa4-f8f9-4981-9e51-4428.jpg
       A  L  A  N   F  R  A  K  E  S   ~  Tulsa, OK    

davis
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (241 reputation)Supercharged (241 reputation)Supercharged (241 reputation)Supercharged (241 reputation)Supercharged (241 reputation)Supercharged (241 reputation)Supercharged (241 reputation)Supercharged (241 reputation)Supercharged (241 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
that looks slick.

nice proportions with the fill tube being cut down.

This ain't no L-Kamino!
2DRHRDTP57
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (213 reputation)Supercharged (213 reputation)Supercharged (213 reputation)Supercharged (213 reputation)Supercharged (213 reputation)Supercharged (213 reputation)Supercharged (213 reputation)Supercharged (213 reputation)Supercharged (213 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Yeah, I have clear coated all the alloy accessories from our friend and fellow Y blocker Frank and also the valley cover, I guess they just look that damn good i will find a way of cleaning em if they do need it, Cant wait to get it in and runnin , but I guess I will just have too.... as boyd said, it aint magic its hard work, (he forgot to mention its also money...)

Cheers

1957 ________________ Ford

\___((_______________))___/

(@)________V__________(@)

[________I_____I_________]

__[__]__ o_______o___[__]___

Y Blocks, The New Flathead!

Reading This Topic

Site Meter