Profile Picture

Really dumb fuel pump question...

Posted By Deyomatic Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Good morning, Ted. What plugs are you using with the electronic ignition? 
Deyomatic
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (637 reputation)Supercharged (637 reputation)Supercharged (637 reputation)Supercharged (637 reputation)Supercharged (637 reputation)Supercharged (637 reputation)Supercharged (637 reputation)Supercharged (637 reputation)Supercharged (637 reputation)

Well then.  Thanks for that write up Ted.  Looks like I'll be waiting a few more years before checking them again.  
Ted
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 9 hours ago
55blacktie (12/25/2023)
Good morning, Ted. What plugs are you using with the electronic ignition? 

I use the same spark plugs as is being used on a breaker point ignition.  For the ’55 Ford with the electronic ignition conversion, I have been using the Autolite #46 spark plugs gapped at 0.035”.

I am slowly moving away from Autolite to NGK on the shop built engines due to having a better heat range selection with the NGK’s as well as having some brand new Autolites not firing from the git go.  The Autolites have been coming from both Mexico and China but it is the China made Autolite spark plugs that I have had trouble with.  It seems to be potluck at the parts store on which country of origin the Autolite spark plugs are from.  I now do a mandatory ohm check on the new spark plugs before installing them.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

KULTULZ
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

"I am slowly moving away from Autolite to NGK on the shop built engines due to having a better heat range selection with the NGK’s as well as having some brand new Autolites not firing from the git go.  The Autolites have been coming from both Mexico and China but it is the China made Autolite spark plugs that I have had trouble with.  It seems to be potluck at the parts store on which country of origin the Autolite spark plugs are from.  I now do a mandatory ohm check on the new spark plugs before installing them."

THANX! FOR THAT INFO TED ...

55blacktie
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

What do you think of NGK 2438 plugs?
Ted
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 9 hours ago
55blacktie (12/26/2023)
What do you think of NGK 2438 plugs?

I have used the NGK 2438 18mm spark plugs in a stock but blueprinted Ford Y engine and they worked just fine and held up well over time.  That engine had electronic ignition which helps with the overall life of the spark plugs.  That same NGK spark plug has also been used successfully in a stock iron headed 390 Ford engine also with electronic ignition.  The only issue I have with the 2438 NGK sparkplugs is that it’s a 'fit all' spark plug and only available in one heat range.  For a performance Ford application requiring a 18mm plug, a colder heat range spark plug would be desired.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Hoosier Hurricane
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
How did we get from fuel pumps to spark plugs on this message?

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
2721955meteor
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
55blacktie (12/24/2023)
You shouldn't have to adjust the valves every few thousand miles. 

Reading This Topic

Site Meter