Profile Picture

Really dumb fuel pump question...

Posted By Deyomatic Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (639 reputation)Supercharged (639 reputation)Supercharged (639 reputation)Supercharged (639 reputation)Supercharged (639 reputation)Supercharged (639 reputation)Supercharged (639 reputation)Supercharged (639 reputation)Supercharged (639 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
What drives the fuel pump on a Y Block?  Does the pump arm ride on the cam or is there a pushrod or something?  I can't picture it and none of my reference material is helping out, much.  

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post Really dumb fuel pump question... By Deyomatic ( Last Year )
Forum Post There is a fuel-pump eccentric that is attached in front of the... By 55blacktie ( Last Year )
Forum Post When inserting the pump arm, make sure it is going in at a downward... By paul2748 ( Last Year )
Forum Post 55Blacktie No No No It ain't me babe. By panel driver ( Last Year )
Forum Post That makes sense. Thanks so much. My only experience is... By Deyomatic ( Last Year )
Forum Post [b]Really dumb fuel pump question...[/b] [quote][b]Deyomatic... By KULTULZ ( Last Year )
Forum Post Thanks for the visual, Kultulz. That helps my brain picture this. By Deyomatic ( Last Year )
Forum Post Here are some pictures showing the fuel pump eccentric on the FYB... By Ted ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote]What drives the fuel pump on a Y Block? Does the pump arm... By KULTULZ ( Last Year )
Forum Post [/quote] We have a BOW-TIE GUY in our midst ... ;)... By Deyomatic ( Last Year )
Forum Post "FORMER Bow-tie guy!" I'm glad you saw the light ... NAH! I am just... By KULTULZ ( Last Year )
Forum Post Well, if I'm being honest....I kind of love hydraulic lifters! By Deyomatic ( Last Year )
Forum Post I also prefer hydraulic tappets (roller - anti-pump up and adjustable)... By KULTULZ ( Last Year )
Forum Post Hard to beat the awesome sound of our solid lifter Y-blocks or a 289... By FORD DEARBORN ( Last Year )
Forum Post "Hard to beat the awesome sound of our solid lifter Y-blocks or a 289... By KULTULZ ( Last Year )
Forum Post Fnding quality hydraulic lifters, whether flat-tappet or roller, can... By 55blacktie ( Last Year )
Forum Post Yes...They sound great...but I'm lazy! I also don't like having to... By Deyomatic ( Last Year )
Forum Post You shouldn't have to adjust the valves every few thousand miles. By 55blacktie ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote][b]55blacktie (12/24/2023)[/b][hr] You shouldn't have to... By 2721955meteor ( Last Year )
Forum Post How often are you supposed to do it? I was thinking every 10,000... By Deyomatic ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote][b]Deyomatic (12/24/2023)[/b][hr] How often are you supposed to... By Ted ( Last Year )
Forum Post Good morning, Ted. What plugs are you using with the electronic... By 55blacktie ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote][b]55blacktie (12/25/2023)[/b][hr] Good morning, Ted. What... By Ted ( Last Year )
Forum Post " I am slowly moving away from Autolite to NGK on the shop built... By KULTULZ ( Last Year )
Forum Post What do you think of NGK 2438 plugs? By 55blacktie ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote][b]55blacktie (12/26/2023)[/b][hr]What do you think of NGK 2438... By Ted ( Last Year )
Forum Post How did we get from fuel pumps to spark plugs on this message? By Hoosier Hurricane ( Last Year )
Forum Post Well then. Thanks for that write up Ted. Looks like I'll be waiting... By Deyomatic ( Last Year )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter