Profile Picture

Oil Pan Gasket Set

Posted By HazardTBird Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
I have to replace the rear main seal in my 57 T Bird (in the car) and ordered an oil pan gasket set just in case. When I received it I recognized the oil pump inlet rubber/steel gasket and the copper gasket used at the inlet tube/oil pan join but don't know what the smaller rubber gasket is or where it goes. I also don't know what the other paper gaskets are either, but I assume that they are Ford Car (or truck) specific.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/18006f6a-39bc-44b0-a104-a14f.jpg
I do have a small leak at the inlet tube/oil pan join which I would like to fix as part of this work. When I installed this area originally I used a gasket on the inside of the oil pan and another on the outside of the oil pan. I remember reading in Ted's (or others) writings that you should just use the copper gasket on the inside of the oil pan only with no gasket on the outside of the pan; is this correct?

The small rubber gasket fits very nicely inside the copper gasket and its I.D. looks to be the same as the inlet tube O.D.; do you use that rubber gasket at the Tube/Oil pan join?http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/06b2f5f0-6353-4478-9957-065c.jpg

charliemccraney
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
The paper gaskets are for early pans, where the oil pickup tube is a two piece design.  I'll guess that the additional rubber seal is to seal the two pieces of that early tube where they join.

Lawrenceville, GA
HazardTBird
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)

Thanks Charlie, that makes sense. The copper gasket on the inside of the pan the only gasket used at the oil pan/tube join?
charliemccraney
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
Yes, only the copper washer on the inside for the one piece pickup tubes.

Lawrenceville, GA
HazardTBird
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks again Charlie!
KULTULZ
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/1ccfeba0-82da-4eac-9c7e-64b2.png
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/5cde815c-2362-4e94-b6ef-d215.png

KULTULZ
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

GENTLEMEN -

There is a member over @ FORD BARN that needs the gaskets shown in the FEL-PRO set in an above post, hopefully without buying a complete gasket set. I can have him contact you for payment and shipping.

The car is a 54 MERC 256CI. In addition, HARRY ARMSTRONG over tightened the tube seal to the pump distorting the tube and embedding the crush sleeve on the tube. Does anyone have one NOS or take-off (EBU 6639-B)?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/af912177-2a30-40c5-9a23-1284.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/68a1f544-d4b6-4727-8f63-58f5.jpg

Thread on FORD BARN - https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=335255

THANX! For Any Help ...

Ted
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Today @ 2:33:21 AM
Kultulz.  Pass it on that I have the oil pump inlet seals and the two gaskets for the interior and exterior pan to tube attachment for the 1954 oil pans.  I do not have the flat rubber washer that sandwiches between those two inlet tubes at the oil pan though but any appropriately sized O ring will work at that spot.

As far as the deformation in the tube, I use a ½” diameter steel drift to remove the crush caused by using the non-Ford steel banded inlet seals.  Some white or lithium grease works as a sealant on those ‘all rubber, no steel’ inlet seals when installing them.

I can be contacted through my shop email and that information is located on the ‘Contact Us’ tab at www.eatonbalancing.com  .

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

KULTULZ
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

TED, I APPRECIATE THE HELL OUT OF YOUR HELP! ...

The guy is in a quandary.

Is this the correct seal? I am just going by what was posted on EvilBay as not everything is as advertised ...

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/c42e0780-4dd5-42de-84b8-df5c.jpg

This PN is what the MPC shows but I just want to make sure it is packaged correctly. BEST GASKETS shows it in their complete kit but I doubt if they would sell it separate.

The seal @ the oil pan flange is of rubber, .63" ID - .91" OD - .12" THICK - FORD PN B4A 6643-A

I wish I was not so damn ugly and broken down as I would love to come down there and meet you (and see your shop/business).

You are good people.

HazardTBird
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Kultulz;
I have that rubber gasket (I think), Felpro gasket set, and won't be using it as I have the one piece tube on everything I've got. I will get in the shop tonight and check that it matches the dimensions you gave and will post tomorrow if they don't match. If I don't post they matched and then we will work out how I can get it to you or your buddy.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter