Profile Picture

PCV baffle configuration

Posted By Kingfisher Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
The Microgard pcv 2322 fits the Ace valley cover. Thanks, Ted.
2721955meteor
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
pct valves. my approach is remove innards of pcv,run a hose to air cleaner inside the air cleaners no vacume is lost at carb. the  oil filler cover has a small vacume. only time I had blow by showing was when I had to much advance at idel. this works great for me as running a newer Holley 4v 680cfm.i set my low idel  like ted send using the idel screws on the primary.s use the fittings  at throttle plate is 2 on the newer  Holley. I use manifold vacume for power brakes, and vacume wipers
 only negative is fuel hear in bc for the summer badger the thought that ethenall is going to save the world. no one in canada speaks out  that fuel consumption goes up,a
 with  the bad fuel,aswell engine keeps running when ion. turned off.
Kingfisher
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (37 reputation)Normally aspirated (37 reputation)Normally aspirated (37 reputation)Normally aspirated (37 reputation)Normally aspirated (37 reputation)Normally aspirated (37 reputation)Normally aspirated (37 reputation)Normally aspirated (37 reputation)Normally aspirated (37 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Next time you are under the dash just pull the front seat out. 4 bolts and its out of the way.

You can be very sure that was the first thing I did! Back seat too - only 2 bolts for that one.

MoonShadow
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Next time you are under the dash just pull the front seat out. 4 bolts and its out of the way.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
55blacktie
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Thanks! That simplifies things. I just want to make sure that once done, it won't have to be addressed again. 
charliemccraney
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
I use baffled grommets

Lawrenceville, GA
Ted
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
55blacktie (6/2/2023)
I am wondering if just attaching a flat piece of metal while leaving the sides open will work just as well?

Any baffle that will prevent a direct flow of oil to the PCV valve will be adequate.  Many of the aftermarket valve covers for all makes of engines did nothing more than a flat plate under the valve and/or oil fill cap to stop any oil from reaching those openings.  My ’55 Customline received it’s PCV valve in 1989 and it’s nothing but a hole drilled in the original valley cover with a grommet installed to hold the PCV valve.  No baffle and no oil consumption so if the valve is in a location that does not get a spray of oil, then no baffle is required.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

55blacktie
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I am wondering if just attaching a flat piece of metal while leaving the sides open will work just as well?
Ted
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
55blacktie (6/1/2023)
..... The wrong pcv could cause vacuum issues that can affect idle quality. Hopefully, Ted has a recommendation.

As a general rule, just pick out a PCV valve that’s used in a similar cubic inch engine.  For the Y, PCV valves used in the 289/302 SBF engines will get the job done.  I use the Microgard PCV 2322 in most Y applications.  Here’s a link to a past thread giving some more detail.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/FindPost162636.aspx

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Kingfisher
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (37 reputation)Normally aspirated (37 reputation)Normally aspirated (37 reputation)Normally aspirated (37 reputation)Normally aspirated (37 reputation)Normally aspirated (37 reputation)Normally aspirated (37 reputation)Normally aspirated (37 reputation)Normally aspirated (37 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Well I'm pleased to report that it idles and accelerates well with just very light suction on the filler tube with a piece of paper. I'm extra pleased that it actually starts!! considering that I've just this morning completed a total rewire. The pcv was a welcome distraction when I got sick of laying on my back working under the dash.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter