Profile Picture

PCV baffle configuration

Posted By Kingfisher Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (37 reputation)Normally aspirated (37 reputation)Normally aspirated (37 reputation)Normally aspirated (37 reputation)Normally aspirated (37 reputation)Normally aspirated (37 reputation)Normally aspirated (37 reputation)Normally aspirated (37 reputation)Normally aspirated (37 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
I sorta hate to add another PCV question! There are plenty of threads and I reckon I've read most of them but can't quite find the answer.
I have an ACE finned valley cover to put on my 312 with a grommet and valve to suit. The cover comes with a PCV provision - a circular flat area ready to be machined out and 2 posts on the underside which presumably could be drilled and tapped to screw on a baffle (not sure I would be comfortable with the possibility of dropping a screw).
What configuration should the baffle be? I imagine something like Mummert's maybe, but I can't see a decent photo of his. Is it sealed on just 2 sides, allowing airflow in through the outer 2 edges? Or is another design better? And what about the large vertical baffle that the stock cover comes with? I gather it's not particularly necessary?
(It's interesting that they put a baffle below the filler though)
Thanks, Mark
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/9f4cf970-f882-4b11-9d77-c4c3.jpg

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post PCV baffle configuration By Kingfisher ( Last Year )
Forum Post See if these help. FoMoCo 1958-1964 valley cover... By Ted ( Last Year )
Forum Post Thanks Ted, very helpful. What's the welded nut for on the Mummert... By Kingfisher ( Last Year )
Forum Post Kingfisher, I have the same Ace valley cover. Ace told me that they... By 55blacktie ( Last Year )
Forum Post You could install the sheet metal cover from a stock cover with screws... By MoonShadow ( Last Year )
Forum Post A factory breather pipe or pcv adapter attaches via that nut. You... By charliemccraney ( Last Year )
Forum Post I bought a PCV on ebay that fitted perfectly. It's almost like ACE... By Kingfisher ( Last Year )
Forum Post That looks like a pcv valve for my '88 Firebird. Ace probably designed... By charliemccraney ( Last Year )
Forum Post I am wondering if just attaching a flat piece of metal while leaving... By 55blacktie ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote][b]55blacktie (6/2/2023)[/b][hr]I am wondering if just... By Ted ( Last Year )
Forum Post Thanks! That simplifies things. I just want to make sure that once... By 55blacktie ( Last Year )
Forum Post Kingfisher, do you have a part# for the pcv valve? I hope there is... By 55blacktie ( Last Year )
Forum Post The pcv sits almost flush with the bottom of the cover so there is... By Kingfisher ( Last Year )
Forum Post Let us know how it idles with that pcv valve. Maybe I'm wrong, but... By 55blacktie ( Last Year )
Forum Post IIRC, DryLakesRacer had a post on measuring vacuum at the oil fill... By miker ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote][b]55blacktie (6/1/2023)[/b][hr] ..... The wrong pcv could... By Ted ( Last Year )
Forum Post The Microgard pcv 2322 fits the Ace valley cover. Thanks, Ted. By 55blacktie ( Last Year )
Forum Post If the oil filler tube or a breather in hole in a valve cover will not... By DryLakesRacer ( Last Year )
Forum Post Well I'm pleased to report that it idles and accelerates well with... By Kingfisher ( Last Year )
Forum Post I use baffled grommets By charliemccraney ( Last Year )
Forum Post pct valves. my approach is remove innards of pcv,run a hose to air... By 2721955meteor ( Last Year )
Forum Post Next time you are under the dash just pull the front seat out. 4 bolts... By MoonShadow ( Last Year )
Forum Post Next time you are under the dash just pull the front seat out. 4... By Kingfisher ( Last Year )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter