Profile Picture

Y Block Magazine - update concerning transfer of ownership and subscriptions

Posted By Daniel Jessup Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!

Y Block Magazine - update concerning transfer of ownership and...

Author
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 days ago
Just received YBM Issue #173 in the mail.  Counting the cover pages, it’s a total of 40 pages in this issue.  As a FYI, the next issue (#174) will be the last scheduled published issue but looks to be in the 50-page range.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/49dc4936-3e3e-493f-a614-ab71.jpg  

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Robs36Ford
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (186 reputation)Supercharged (186 reputation)Supercharged (186 reputation)Supercharged (186 reputation)Supercharged (186 reputation)Supercharged (186 reputation)Supercharged (186 reputation)Supercharged (186 reputation)Supercharged (186 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I have a scanner and willing scan, but I am in Canada.

1936 Ford 3W Coupe : 56 T-Bird 312, 47 Packard 3 speed, 40 juice brakes.
1968 Merc Cyclone FB GT 390, Getting a better front clip!
1977 Ford F-250 Supercab RWD Explorer Long box.
1976 Chev Camaro RS LT
Future rebuild : 1949 Ford F-1

Ted
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)

As far as digitalizing the issues, I have many of the back issues here if there is someone out there wanting to do that.

Received a call from Bruce this week and he mentioned that the next issue of the YBM (#173) is now at the printer.  He is thinking that this upcoming issue will be ready to mail during the first week of February (2024).  It will be forty pages.  Plans are still in the works for issue #174 and while I have already submitted a lengthy article for that issue, I am currently working on an additional article for that issue also.

KULTULZ
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
A digital archive would be invaluable, if it could be arranged.

That's exactly what I have been thinking (watch out).

If a person attempted to buy all available back issues, it would be $$$. I would be more than willing to pay a fee if it was available digitally.

charliemccraney
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
Since Y-Block Magazine is in print, the information won't be lost but it will be more difficult to acquire when Bruce can no longer do it and if no one is able or willing to continue with it.  A digital archive would be invaluable, if it could be arranged.

Lawrenceville, GA
KULTULZ
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
It would be a shame to lose all of the collected information over the years if the magazine does go out.

The same with the 1954 FORUM that shut down. As far as I know, none of that was saved. Years and years of collected/saved knowledge lost.

Ted
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

dcf1970 (12/28/2023)
Thank You for the latest information. Any information on what will happen to the back issues he has available? I sent a check for back issues in July 2023 and have not received any back issues or the check returned? 
Respectfully a loyal Y Block fan.

You don’t mention if the check has been cashed or not.  If not cashed, then there’s the possibility of it being lost in the mail or misplaced.  If cashed, then contact Bruce and let him know that you have not received your back issues.

dcf1970
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thank You for the latest information. Any information on what will happen to the back issues he has available. I sent a check for back issues in July 2023 and have not received any back issues or the check returned? 
Respectfully a loyal Y Block fan.
Ted
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

dcf1970 (12/23/2023)
Does anyone have any new news concerning Mr. Bruce Young and the future of the Y Block Newsletter and even the back issues he had copies of. Would be nice if someone near Mr. Bruce Young could take over the Newsletter and back issues, I like others sure do miss the Y Block Newsletter and enjoyed receiving the newsletter when it arrived in the mail.

Great timing on your question.  I just talked with Bruce Young on Friday (12/21/23) and he did say that the next issue is almost ready for the publisher.  He’s thinking either this coming week or the first week of January for issue #173 to be in the publishers’ hands.  Bruce did mention that the next issue will be 40 pages.

After that issue is in print and in the mail, then the following issue (#174) will be the last issue for the YBM.  I have submitted a lengthy article for that issue but not aware of what other articles will make that issue.  If any of you have been contemplating writing an article, this is the time to do it and send it to Bruce.  An influx of articles could potentially speed things up and/or make for yet another issue.

dcf1970
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Does anyone have any new news concerning Mr. Bruce Young and the future of the Y Block Newsletter and even the back issues he had copies of. Would be nice if someone near Mr. Bruce Young could take over the Newsletter and back issues, I like others sure do miss the Y Block Newsletter and enjoyed receiving the newsletter when it arrived in the mail.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter