Profile Picture

Y Block Magazine - update concerning transfer of ownership and subscriptions

Posted By Daniel Jessup Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!

Y Block Magazine - update concerning transfer of ownership and...

Author
Problem Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
For all of you who subscribe to the Y Block Magazine or are interested in doing so, please know that I have very important information from editor/owner Bruce Young. From a phone conversation today (Bruce is not online and is not a member of the forum) he asked again about my interest in taking over the Y Block Magazine. Bruce's health forces him to resign as he has had much difficulty in getting out issues this past year. He is currently working on issue #173 (originally slated for November/December of 2022). Bruce is looking for someone to take over the all-out effort to keep the magazine afloat. While I would certainly love to do so and at his request have been speaking to him about this for several months, my relocation to California and a new church ministry position will not allow enough time for me to dedicate to the magazine.

If you are a subscriber and have interest, you can contact Bruce Young at home. He does not have a cell phone, but I can give you his home phone number if needed. Just shoot me an email at dan.jessup@hotrodreverend.com.

The situation is dire enough that Bruce relayed to me that he is planning to send partial refund checks out to all subscribers after he publishes his last issue.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

PF Arcand
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Sorry to hear of Bruce's situation, although I knew that a health situation had occurred. I suspected that continuation of the magazine was in doubt & as a result I deferred  renewal of my subscription of several years.. I'll miss it for sure..      - I wish Bruce well    -  Paul

Paul
Ted
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Today @ 2:58:30 AM
I received YBM issue #172 about 3 weeks ago.  In talking with Bruce, issue #173 will have two of my articles as the article slated for issue #172 did not make it into print.  Because Bruce did get behind on the publication of the magazine, I did get ahead here on the articles being readied for submission.  If the magazine is discontinued after issue #173, I will be looking for another venue in which to continue the articles. While my own website is an option, I would rather those articles were in some form of print.  Here is the cover shot of YBM issue #172.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/de5ba4a5-6fca-4706-8cfd-8188.jpg  

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

DANIEL TINDER
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Ted (3/25/2023)
I received YBM issue #172 about 3 weeks ago.  In talking with Bruce, issue #173 will have two of my articles as the article slated for issue #172 did not make it into print.  Because Bruce did get behind on the publication of the magazine, I did get ahead here on the articles being readied for submission.  If the magazine is discontinued after issue #173, I will be looking for another venue in which to continue the articles. While my own website is an option, I would rather those articles were in some form of print.  Here is the cover shot of YBM issue #172.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/de5ba4a5-6fca-4706-8cfd-8188.jpg  

My only real interest in the magazine (25 yr. subscriber) was the tech. articles by Ted, John M., etc.  Occasional Letters-to-the-editor (Jerry, John F. ,Rev.Dan, etc) also of interest.  I would continue to subscribe to any printing of that nature (reprinted website archive text as filler too).

6 VOLTS/POS. GRD. NW INDIANA
Joe-JDC
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Do we have any update on the Y Block Magazine future?  I really miss the builds and information shared in those articles.  I hope someone will step up and take over so that it doesn't just disappear.  Joe-JDC

JDC
Joe-JDC
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Is there an update on Bruce and the Y Block Magazine?  Did #173 get printed?  If so, how can I get a copy?  I did not get my last subscription copies.  Joe-JDC

JDC
Ted
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)

Talked with Bruce yesterday (5/30/23) and he said that YBM issue #173 should be in the mail in 4-6 weeks.  Both health and publishing company issues have caused delays in getting the magazine out.

dcf1970
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Any new updates since May 2023 about Bruce Young and issue #173 of the Y Block Newsletter? 
Ted
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

dcf1970 (8/20/2023)
Any new updates since May 2023 about Bruce Young and issue #173 of the Y Block Newsletter? 

I talked with Bruce yesterday (Monday 8/21/23) and he said issue #173 was still on the docket to be produced and published. While health issues are slowing Bruce down, the publishing company he was using is also a hang up.  He could not commit to a date for when the next issue of YBM (issue #173) would be in the mail but he said, “Soon as I can”.

Joe-JDC
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I don't know about you fellow Y Block owners, but I miss the Y Block Magazine and keeping up with what is happening.  Is there any word on when or if there will be a final printing, or if someone else will take over the task?  I have tried to keep interested in my builds and the Thunderbird, but where I live, I don't see anyone who has an interest in the Y.  I have to drive 3 hours to visit Ted, and the traffic between here and Ted is horrible.  Just wish there was an outlet for good information and exchange besides Facebook.  Joe-JDC

JDC

Reading This Topic

Site Meter