2022 Y Block Shootout at Dragway 42 in West Salem, Ohio, June 17-19

Posted By Daniel Jessup 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

2022 Y Block Shootout at Dragway 42 in West Salem, Ohio, June 17-19

Author
General Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I know that Bob Martin does not frequent the site much, but there is quite a bit that he does behind the scenes to help organize the annual Y Block Shootout here in Ohio. Tony Fritz, the overall Fast Fords financier and coordinator, sent me an updated promotional flyer just last week and he also asked Bob and I to meet him on February 1st to review a number of the details. From what we are seeing here in Ohio, the interest from folks here in the midwest is certainly growing - especially among the FE crowd. Hopefully more of our Y Block faYthful can make the race weekend.

for now, here is a jpeg of the details...
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/8d84486c-d230-4d7f-9090-710.jpeg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/59e70f08-b60f-486b-94fd-a40.jpeg

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

charliemccraney
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
See if they can designate a spot for us closer to the starting line.  That walk is long enough that I stayed up there much of the time and had to be strategic about water and food, to try to avoid missing a race.

Lawrenceville, GA
Daniel Jessup
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Charley - will do. I will be sure to bring this up to Tony and Bob when we get together.
If anyone else has anything do let me know.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

bird55
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I would really like to drive up and attend. I have a vacation planned prior to this and it might be more than I can pull together for this old guy. It would be fun to see all the Yblocks together again. It's been too many years.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d8028aa4-f8f9-4981-9e51-4428.jpg
       A  L  A  N   F  R  A  K  E  S   ~  Tulsa, OK    

bird55
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Whoa!! just checked the mileage! 900+ miles from my area. Have to plan pretty well on this deal.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d8028aa4-f8f9-4981-9e51-4428.jpg
       A  L  A  N   F  R  A  K  E  S   ~  Tulsa, OK    

Daniel Jessup
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

A couple of goodies just arrived from our man Mummert out west. Not sure if I will be able to have my 312 done in time to run it this June - still waiting on some machine shop work to be done and that takes time. I did drop off a set of G heads with a local machinist this morning. For all the circus show on social media, I did happen to run across a set of headers - these look to be the Jerry Christenson variety. A shop was selling the 292 and the buyer did not want the headers so... I said I would take them. The pictures are what was posted online when I purchased them. Any recommendations on a place to have them ceramic coated?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d8901cf6-2ea6-4eac-b834-4f8.jpeghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/b6168928-78a1-41c6-b23f-43e.jpeghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4958376b-7faa-48f1-ac33-ae4.jpeghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/0de11816-9655-44eb-b8c8-454.jpeg

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

MoonShadow
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 26 minutes ago
723 for me. Its rather central anyway and worth the trip. Bring a camper or a tent.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
panel driver
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Are any hotels giving any deals on a close place to stay? 

Located in Harford County Maryland 
NY59F100
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hey Daniel,

Thanks for your work helping to get this organized. I’m definitely planning on being there. It was great to run for the first time and to meet and see a great group.

For your headers, try New Image Powder Coating in Struthers, OH. Jim and his brother have been in business for 30 years. I have my rams horn manifolds there right now getting ceramic coated, along with a bunch of other things getting powder coated.

Panel driver, there was a hotel that offered a lower rate. Best Western, I believe. Nice hotel and breakfast. Less than half an hour from the track.

Soffian Adam
Jamestown, NY
59 F100, 55 Club sedan
panel driver
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
NY59F100,  Thanks for the reply I will check into it.  Is on my agenda to go.  

Located in Harford County Maryland 

Reading This Topic

Site Meter