2022 Y Block Shootout at Dragway 42 in West Salem, Ohio, June 17-19

Posted By Daniel Jessup 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

2022 Y Block Shootout at Dragway 42 in West Salem, Ohio, June 17-19

Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Soffian - I am just trying to help Bob Martin out... he does not get on the internet much these days. 

Thanks for the information on the ceramic coating, I will look into it.

Panel Driver - yes, Soffian is right, the Dragway 42 owner says that the Best Western in Wooster has the special rates and all.

NY59F100 (3/5/2022)
Hey Daniel,

Thanks for your work helping to get this organized. I’m definitely planning on being there. It was great to run for the first time and to meet and see a great group.

For your headers, try New Image Powder Coating in Struthers, OH. Jim and his brother have been in business for 30 years. I have my rams horn manifolds there right now getting ceramic coated, along with a bunch of other things getting powder coated.

Panel driver, there was a hotel that offered a lower rate. Best Western, I believe. Nice hotel and breakfast. Less than half an hour from the track.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

panel driver
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Thanks for the input. I booked with the wyndham in seville.   Now if I can just afford the fuel that would be great.  

Located in Harford County Maryland 
charliemccraney
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I just booked at the Best Western at Wooster.
They don't have many rooms left for the weekend.

I think less people are spooked by covid this year since it was April last year that I booked the room and there were still some available.
Figure out where you are going to stay and book it!

Where is everyone staying?

Lawrenceville, GA
Daniel Jessup
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Holiday Inn Express in Wooster - and yes, you are right, there are also hotels in Ashland that do not have too many rooms left!

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

Ted
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
I too am booked at the Best Western in Wooster, Ohio for the weekend of the Y Shootout.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

MoonShadow
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

FJ Ratta, Kieth Cornell and I are booked into the Super 8 In Seville, Ohio Thursday through Sunday night.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Joe-JDC
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 12 minutes ago
Is this a guy thing only, or do you folks take your wife along?  Is there anything for women to do?  The reason I ask, I would like to go but the 18th of June will be our 56th Wedding Anniversary, and I would not leave my wife alone for a week during that important time.  Just asking.  Joe-JDC

JDC
pintoplumber
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
My wife is retiring in May, this is the 1st year in a while that she can come. Harry’s wife is coming too. We’ll be staying at the track.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/3047f5ac-add1-4e79-a3ed-14ea.jpg  Dennis in Lititz PA
hjh
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)

Joe   Yes   my wife helps me very much with the race car. Record the weather and keep the log book and a whole lot of times put has put the correct dial in on the window and just a booster and keep me going in a straight line .All the wives that come are all into the race and the comradery together  Come on   Harry   Hjh
Daniel Jessup
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2932c914-6b2b-4fc3-868d-497e.jpg

A fella at the office helped me design this flyer and I have printed quite a few to distribute. Today at the Columbus Ford Spring Swap meet, well over 100 of these were picked up individually by those who were interested in the event. I am planning to go to the Carlisle Spring Swap Meet at the faigrounds but that is a multi-make affair. I can have some printed for those of you that are going to the Carlisle Ford Show in early June. Of course, if anyone on the site would like some to hand out just let me know and I will gladly mail you a few. Soffian is getting a few of these first - just dropped them off in the mail box yesterday.

Shoot me an email at dan.jessup@hotrodreverend.com

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

Reading This Topic

Site Meter