Profile Picture

Cruise Night Shut Downs

Posted By Florida_Phil 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 days ago
Nice car Tim! Is that a glass top? You're right about that gas. Here in O-HI-O they call it 90 octane and frown upon putting it in your automobile but...
Right now premium 89 is $1.70 and the alky free 90 is $3.30.

"FREE SAMPLE"
Tim Quinn
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Have you any WAWA Convenient Stores in your area ? They have real gas (no ethanol) and it is 89 octane !!!
I use it all the time here in Central Florida. Car gets better gas mileage by 3 miles per gallon, which is about 20% better mileage and it performs better on real fuel....more BTU'S.
It cost more but if you calculate the fact that you're getting 20% better gas mileage, then it means you are paying almost the same a regular 87 octane ethanol gas.
Tim
 Centralhttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/f26b0d7a-9283-408e-8deb-c362.jpg Florida

DryLakesRacer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
If everyone keeps their distance and wears some type of face cover when out I don’t see a problem. I’ve never been a touchy-feely guy or hugger so it’s ez for me. In my county they are already suggesting over 65 and those with illnesses stay close to home when they open up. I see eating establishments having the most problems because of seating. I’m still going to my normal Saturday morning gathering but instead of 100 cars there are now 15-20 up from 5 and they don’t last very long maybe 30 minutes instead of 2-3 hours.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
57RancheroJim
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
X2 what Charlie said. This early opening may very well bite us in the ass..
charliemccraney
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 8 minutes ago
Loosening up now means we're going to have a strong second wave.  Don't confuse it to mean that it is safe.  It is not, yet.  We are not on the recovery end of this.

Our governor (Georgia) didn't know that people can spread the disease without having symptoms until 24 hours before he started the lock down (so he says, anyway).  I heard about that at least a month before.  I have no faith in our leadership.

Lawrenceville, GA
Florida_Phil
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Things are starting to loosen up a little here.  Restrictions are in the hands of the State Governors. Florida has stay at home order until the end of the month.  Georgia is lifting theirs this weekend.  Our State will probably follow.  I don't see the Florida Theme Parks opening for some time.  Car shows not until the summer or fall.  I may drive by our weekly cars and coffee this morning to see if anyone shows.  I don't see a problem as long as it doesn't get too big and we stay 6 feet apart. The people I feel sorry for are all the people who are out of work and the small business owners.  If you didn't have a little savings to fall back on, things have to be bleak.  My father grew up during the depression in the 30s.  It affected the way he thought his while life.  Now we know why.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

PF Arcand
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
About the only thing good about this Corvid crises is gas prices.. Ours for the last couple of years are amongst the highest in N. America! ( I won't try to explain it, as are Gas is sold in Litres/ Canadian $)   But, they have dropped dramatically in the last few weeks. Problem is that many businesss are closed, including sit in resturants. And most venues of any sort are cancelled, & schools are closed.. It's been a big hit for many, as their jobs have suddenly disappered.. So, other than going for necessary Groceries once a week or so, or a cruise somewhere, away from the city, there isn't much reason to be on the road... So, everyone practise social distancing, wash your hands often & try not to be the next victum or spreader of the virus!           .. from near Vancouver B.C. Canada...     

Paul
ian57tbird
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
https://www.gasbuddy.com/GasPriceMap?lat=35.44424420067999&lng=-97.15429399365234&z=11
I found this site great for working out where to fuel up when travelling around the USA. I see there are a few places down below a dollar a gallon now. The cheapest I spotted on the map was 92 cents a gallon near Oklahoma City. Fuel here in Australia is the cheapest we have seen since the 90's. Not as cheap as your fuel though.
FORD DEARBORN
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
These cheap fuel prices are very enjoyable for us consumers, if we can consume. When this virus is over, I only hope all else will be OK too.  This is nuts, spot crude is $10 a barrel for not good reasons. I've had my truck out for a good cruise with my wife several weeks ago and need to do this again soon. It's mental therapy of the best kind to hear and feel a Y-block in a light vehicle. Stay safe everyone, JEFF.............

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
Lord Gaga
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
Hope to take my '57 out for the first time this year today. They say it may get up to 59* and sunny. It's been cold here in NE Ohio. I expect the weather will transition from too cold to too hot next month sometime. Premium here is only $1.83 a gallon, winter blend. I'll drive South about 30 miles to a station that sells 90 octane alky free gas and fill up. Not sure of price but it can't be too much more.
HAPPY MOTORING!

"FREE SAMPLE"

Reading This Topic

Site Meter