Profile Picture

Cruise Night Shut Downs

Posted By Florida_Phil 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I know this isn't a technical issue, but it affects all of us in the hobby.  Here in Florida, all car shows and cruise nights have been shut down.  Our Wednesday morning cars and coffee meetings have been as well.  My wife and I have been doing a lot of back road cruising.   Traffic is so light, we could take the major highways if we wanted to.  We don't because there is always someone who wants to win the race no matter where it is. They run up behind you like they own the road and tailgate until you turn off.   We avoid them whenever we can. 

I have fixed everything on my car that was on my wish list.  My choke even works!   Are any of you in the same boat? 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

charliemccraney
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
Same here.

Lawrenceville, GA
57RancheroJim
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Same here. Wife and I do the back roads too.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/a019c8a2-4716-48cb-af7d-9ce0.jpg
FORD DEARBORN
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Same here in Michigan along with another added restriction. Like, no unnecessary driving because that will eventually require a trip to the gas station, touching stuff, meeting the inside attendant etc..  I have noticed an unusual amount of police hanging around our roads lately.  Hope this ends soon.

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
DryLakesRacer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

So Cal closed down 4 weeks ago. A few of us still go down to Donut Derelicts in Huntington Beach anyway on Saturday mornings but not the normal 100+. This morning there about 25 so guys are getting fed up. I live in Fountain Valley a single dwelling suburb next to Huntington of about 55k folks. We’ve had 24 cases many over with, 2 empty hospitals, suffering layoffs. No telling how many were actually in the hospital. Wife and I are looking forward to going out to dinner.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
MoonShadow
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 45 minutes ago
I've always loved cruising the back roads. They are journeys of discovery! 

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
carl
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I like to cruise the back roads also but the last one we took a couple weeks ago a deer decided to commit suicide on the front of our car,wasnt driving the 56 we were in our new escape didn't get hurt but did around 10 grand in repair cost,  Carl
Florida_Phil
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Yikes!!   We live near the Ocala National Forest.  The two lane paved roads through the forest are great for cruising.  Lots of little old houses, horse farms and lakes.  Looks like Florida sixty years ago.  Lots of deer too, mostly before dawn.  I hope....

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

ian57tbird
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
All events shut down in Australia over a month ago. I was going to take the Tbird out this week to give it a run but unfortunately it mostly looks like rain.  The government was quick to act and we've only had 70 deaths from it. Almost all cases here are from people coming back from overseas and cruise ships.
Florida_Phil
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Our State Governor issued a stay at home order until May 1st.  They opened the Jacksonville beach yesterday for limited use. I expect things will start to loosen up by the end of the month.  Our cars and coffee meetings may pick back up.  We are all a bunch of old guys, so we have to be extra careful and stay apart.  Big cruise nights may not happen until much later.  In the mean time my wife and I are burning up the back roads. Gas is as cheap as I have seen it in years.  At our house regular is 1.69 a gallon.  I use high test and have no idea what I am paying as I only buy 5 gallons at a time.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter