Profile Picture

Opinion on motor status 292

Posted By capelo 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Ted (9/12/2020)
It’s usually best to check spark plug coloring immediately after doing some road driving.  A 180°F thermostat is the recommended heat range for most Y’s.  A 160°F thermostat can be on the cool side and may not permit condensation that forms inside the engine to burn off adequately and especially if the engine is not ran for longer periods or used just for short hops.

Other than that, how does the engine run when you jump into the throttle?

The truth is that it has been a very big change in terms of performance, I am very happy with the result, I only have a small oil leak that I have not yet located the origin. My outings are not usually very long, they are usually about 40 km on a regional road, with my three-speed manual gearbox, circular ground between 2000 and 3000 rpm, but when I pressed the accelerator you can feel the thrust and when it goes over 3000rpm it shows to a plus, the response is good in any range but from there there is a big difference, yesterday I pushed a little uphill and soon it got to 4000rpm and 80 miles per hour, it was in a tunnel and I love the sound when you contribute I only notice a problem in first gear and trying to go very slowly there I have to step on the clutch pedal. But at the moment very happy with the whole.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter