Profile Picture

368 Lincoln Build

Posted By martyk98 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
That would be fine if I had a full intake manifold. I'm working with a 368 that has a valley pan. Fitting a vacuum line in to all eight plenums poses a huge issue with fuel and throttle linkage also to be addressed.
miker
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Marty, I just went thru a similar exercise on an Algon FI unit for my Yblock. I don't want to hijack your thread, send me a pm and I'll tell you what I learned if you're interested.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
martyk98
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)

I would love to PM you but I'm getting a "cannot do" error when I try. Might be my iMac/Safari setup, it's also hard to get pictures sometimes .  Anyway, my email is martyk2133@gmail,com. I am eager to hear your experience.  PS Been up to the shop in Auburn and that guy is WAY past expensive, he quoted me $25-30K to do the engine. You are also correct, he does really good work. NO such thing as hijacking here. Everyone is welcome to join in.  Personal experiences shared by all is the way we learn from each other. I have a bunch, most of which you can file as "I wouldn't have done that"!!!
martyk98
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Here's the start of my Weber makeover.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/66a624c1-e35c-4d35-94e0-9cb9.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/b2928a7f-e085-4555-a746-a337.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/15715093-7501-429f-b6ce-178e.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/f1befee6-a899-48bd-8aa5-e1c2.jpg
martyk98
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/17f015c8-b20f-464e-bfe6-15c9.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/9c516ac3-9e45-4edb-8a17-2ad0.jpg
martyk98
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

The rear Weber on the distributor side makes my stock cap not fit. Does anyone know of a low profile distributor or cap? Are 272 distributors the same height?
RB
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Look for a marine cap for a Ford distributor.   I think MSD or Mallory have them  The terminals come out the side instead of the top of the cap  Also the early Load O matic distributors have a shorter cap
RB
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Another option would be to hunt down a Mallory model YL distributor for a Y Block.. They are a smaller diameter than the Ford distributor
martyk98
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks for the info. As you know, searching for anything Y block on the internet is extremely frustrating. More stuff completely unrelated to what you're searching for appears, mostly scruby and SBF. The internet wants to ignore the term Y block. I would love to get the crab cap for my existing distributor but none of these websites tell me if it will fit mine. Try to call and get info? also not so easy, Covid is giving a lot of these suppliers a chance to fire employees and cut costs. Hold, leave a message, don't answer, I don't know, etc. I'd bet money that there wasn't a crab cap made for the 368 distributor and I think the 393-312 is a different diameter.  There are many Mallory  YL model numbers. Any help with the number I need would be appreciated. I'd pull my hair out but I only have a couple left. Something else I'm noticing, crab caps look like they don't fit on distributors with dual vacuum advance.
RB
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Are you using the 56 dual advance Load a Matic distributor?  If so it will be totally incompatible with your Weber setup.. The Ford/Merc 57 and up distributors are the same, Y Block and 368.  Only the cam gear is different.  The 57 and up takes  the same cap as all other Ford distributors up to about 1975 when they went to the wide terminals and Duraspark  I believe all Mallory YL distributors have the small dia cap. You just need to find one for a Y block   Try the HAMB website. 
Try mmancini@vintageignition.com  He specializes in Mallory.
Look for a YL 387A 
If possible post a picture of your distributor and how it interferes with the carb.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter