Profile Picture

368 Lincoln Build

Posted By martyk98 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
What did you determine was the problem with the cam?  Is it a regrind of a stock cam?
Ted
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
Like Royce, I would like to know more details on the camshaft and exactly what you found wrong with it.  It strikes me odd that the engine initially cranked up and ran okay and now it’s not.  This makes it appear that the camshaft has changed timing at the timing gear set and/or has lobes going away.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

martyk98
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Yeah, the initial timing thing threw us too.  Anyway, long story short, I went the the local cam shop and asked for a more "modern" grind that would give me a little more HP.  What he gave me back was so far out of whack we can't imagine how the engine started in the first place. Only thing that comes to mind is when we were turning the distributor we must have found a small sweet spot that allowed the motor to start, never to be found again. Our heads came off with the cam tear out just to make sure there wasn't another problem, there wasn't. After dialing in the cam to see the numbers, Jeff was amazed with what he found. While the heads were off anyway, we decided to have hardened seats installed even though a leak down test showed we did a good job seating the valves in the first place. So I have two cams at the shop (same shop, there is no other) getting stock grinds, no more funny stuff. I'll post the numbers if you really want to see them.
RB
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Boy that's a new one on me, a regrind being that far off...  If you have never read up on degreeing in a cam it might be worth it to do that on your next install..Good luck...
RB
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

By the way, where are you guys located?
martyk98
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)

Puyallup, WA, a small town just SE of Tacoma.  It's not us, it's the cam. I'm taking the blame for not getting the specs of what I wanted to the cam guy and just let him go on his own.
RB
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I have worked with Oregon Cams and Delta cams up in that area.. Both seemed to do good work.. In fact I think Delta still has one of my cams for repair
martyk98
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

They turned the two I gave them around  in short order. Got them back yesterday. Not even a week. Between the two of them, I'm sure we'll be able to get rolling again soon on our project. Still looking for anyone with a lead on Weber linkage to handle the four we're putting on this thing.
Oldmics
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I"d like to see the numbers. I assume these are the numbers you came up with while degreeing in the cam?

Its hard to fathom that a reground stick could be that wacked out ?

Oldmics
martyk98
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

It appears the intake is the problem.  It opens at 36 degrees BTDC and closes at 144 degrees ABDC. Exhaust is opening at 118 degrees and closing at 62.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter