Profile Picture

368 Lincoln Build

Posted By martyk98 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
He give you the advance curve? Weights are under the plate I assume. Sure looks nice.
Thanks

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
martyk98
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Yes, he included a spec sheet.
martyk98
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)

Don't count us out. I've had a setback with prostate surgery and nasty weather. We will "endeavor to persevere".
bird55
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)

So, correct me if I am wrong. If I understand correctly, this is a 55-56 distributor LoadOMatic converted to Pertronics style? If so this will be a real boon to 55 and 56 tbird tach drive distributors. A lot of those are sitting on a shelf at a reduced price.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d8028aa4-f8f9-4981-9e51-4428.jpg
       A  L  A  N   F  R  A  K  E  S   ~  Tulsa, OK    

FORD DEARBORN
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 7 days ago
Just get yourself well - a speedy recovery....................

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
martyk98
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

The distributor I had modified was a load-matic for a 56-57 368 Lincoln/Mercury, not a T bird. Different animals. Different block family. This was a 1956 distributor with vacuum advance that has been converted to mechanical with Pertronix. BTW, it's been 3+ weeks since my surgery and I'm healing up well, thanks.
martyk98
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Major Set-back!!  We go to install our newly modified distributor to find out it doesn't fit. The company used the base for a Ford Y block and it doesn't fit the Mercury 368.  Either his base was not machined correctly or the diameter on the Ford and Mercury Y blocks are different sizes. Anyone have any first hand knowledge?  He has the only Load-matic distributor I had so I can't measure apples to apples when he keeps the base.
charliemccraney
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Which part of it doesn't fit?

Lawrenceville, GA
FORD DEARBORN
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Not sure of what you have?  I thought the loadomatic went out at the end of 56 production except for 6 cylinder engines.  I am presently running a 57 368 tach drive from a 57 Mercury Turn Pike Cruiser in my Ford Y-block. Same casting and internals as the Ford/T-birc 57 tach drive and in that case, the shaft is the same also.  The difference was the gear. I replaced the gear with a Ford 14 tooth Y-block gear and have been running this distributor for a number of years now. I have also done the same to a cast iron dual advance strib removed from a big Ford truck equipped with a 302 or 332 Lincoln Y-block.  That strib had a governor which  I removed.  Maybe the gear is not in the proper location?  To my knowledge and experience, the Lincoln Y-block and Ford Y-block distributors are interchangeable at least from 57 on except for the drive gear.       Just to mention:  There were 2 different drive gears used in the big Ford trucks with Lincoln Y-blocks. One was right hand teeth and the other was left hand teeth. Some of the Lincoln truck Y's were built with a gear driven camshaft which required a strib drive gear with teeth of an opposite angle so the strib would still rotate CCW. 

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
FORD DEARBORN
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Edit     I only mentioned the 2 different gears because I know how easy it is to grab the wrong part from a bench covered with parts when assembling something.  If you don't mind, post a pic of the modified distributor you are installing.............

64F100 57FAIRLANE500

Reading This Topic

Site Meter