Profile Picture

Only left bank burning oil

Posted By Tim Quinn 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 43 minutes ago
I probably have a couple of those in the shop. Yours for the postage if you want.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Tim Quinn
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Sure would appreciate your help.
Do you think $10.00 would pay snail mail ?
I'll send you the money for postage and then you can send them to me.
Or send 'em to me and I'll send you the $$$$
What ever will work.
Tim Quinn
2711 E Vina Del Mar Blvd
St Pete Beach, Fl 33706

Tim Quinn
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)

You're so right, with the valve cover off and engine running in a matter of seconds the oil is running over the lip on the head.
Tim Quinn
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Ted,
We think we found the problem. The oil return tube at the back of the head is missing.
We're looking for replacements
Thx for tour input,
Tim in Florida
Attachments
Oil return tubes on rockers.jpg (146 views, 54.00 KB)
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Tom,

You might want to remove your addy (EDIT) and send it PM or E-Mail.

Never know who's looking.

Tim Quinn
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Again,
Thanks for the advice.
Tim
Florida
carl
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Tim I have some spare tubes,send me a pm with your address  Carl
55 GLASS TOP
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I have been reading this thread and understand the oil tube is missing ,my question is will this missing part increase the volume of oil so much that it will flood the head ,so much it will cause the smoking , or is it possible the head gasket was not properly installed and with the valve cover on the oil is truly flooding the head. I watched the video on YouTube where the rockers are pressureized and the is a large amount of oil it properly drains away and there is no smoke from the engine. I am no expert by any means but the video on YouTube seems pretty definitive. Seems like large amount of oil is ok if it drains properly.
darrell
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 13 hours ago
someone may have turned the groove to deep in the cam.in that case putting restrictors in the rocker stand will fix the problem.and again this may not be the problem.
Tim Quinn
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Carl,
Here is the info you requested:
Tim Quinn
2711 E Vina Del Mar
St Pete Beach, Florida 33706 
email: TimQuinn11@gmail.com
I sure do thank for you help and will gladly pay the postage
when the tubes arrive.
Thanks again,
Tim on Florida