Profile Picture

Pissed Off ,1956 f100 3 speed V

Posted By jw375 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
good stuff 
Lou
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
How is adapting a  Y-block to a C-4 preserving history.? Rebuild the Ford-o, with a changed valve body to start in first gear, about the same cost as converting to a C-4 and just as good.

2721955meteor
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
k ,just do a rebuild and set up throttle pressure on the plus side,with original throttle linkage it will start in1 with good throttle pressure every time. plus 56 truck auto has a trans cooler. should be lots of truck ford autos out there if you are concerting to a auto 57 was a better if you can find1
ian57tbird
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
C4's have a weight advantage. Did they ever make a Fordomatic with an aluminium case?
aussiebill
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

.how would a no body like you know how much the C4 adaptor should cost, you make the kit , them sell it for free, that sounds good

AussieBill            YYYY    Forever Y Block     YYYY

Down Under, Australia

FORD DEARBORN
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
There are many folks who have adapted C4's to Y-blocks along with many other kinds and types of transmissions. You have only so far, discovered one way and tere are many ways to "skin a car."  Swearing, cussing and using profanity to describe other people will only discourage a helping hand.

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
Cliff
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Forget the C-4, the best way to get a 3 speed automatic is to put in a cruise o matic, it bolts in with all factory parts and is cheap, look at the early 60s trucks that's what they have.
jw375
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)

good stuff
PF Arcand
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I appreciate that a C-4 conversion isn't cheap, but there is a fair amount of pieces in the kit, not just a bellhousing.. And if your Fordomatic is still in good order, it really isn't that bad a drive. For one thing many consider it a 2 spd like a Powerglide, which it's not, it's a 3 spd with manual engagement of 1st gear (or full throttle kickdown is also available)  Further, when 1st is manually engaged, you can snap it into Drive at over 20 mph & then back into 1st which will lock it in 2nd until you release it, although it's best to kick it back into Drive before decelerating back down below 20 mph to avoid a bang down into low again.. ( Note, I'm told the above may not apply to 1959 or later(?) Fordomatics)..
In any case, I'm not sure why you would end up changing & adapting both the engine & transmission in your truck to avoid possibly using the C-4 kit..       

Paul
MoonShadow
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 47 minutes ago
All depends on what you are doing with the vehicle. I ran my FordOMatic for years with no problems. Adjusting the linkage correctly to get the first gear from a dead stop is a bit difficult but once set it works like a charm. Foot to the floor from a stop will start in first gear, a true 3 speed. One thing though is the springs on the bellcrank. Spring tension is important to correct operation so if you don't have the two original springs you need to get them. I don't know about aftermarket replacements, I haven't tried any.

Since my engine is modified and I wanted to run a lower, 4:11, gear ratio I switched to an AOD. Used the Bendtsens setup over 10 years ago and have been happy with it. The adapters are usually a bit expensive since they don't sell that many compared to a scrub(gm).

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire

Reading This Topic

Site Meter