Profile Picture

Pissed Off ,1956 f100 3 speed V

Posted By jw375 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Might go have a look at the fine print in the Toyota box. For some reason I think it somehow interfered with the clutch linkage, which would not be an issue if you put the ford-o in. Foggy memory is common at my age, so ask.

You can probably rig up something with the manual column, but I don’t know how the Ford-o will like not having detents in the column. The street rod guys sell indicator lights that are programmable. Switch mounts to the trans, and the black box gets programmed for each gear positions. I’ve wired a couple for my buddies, they’re pretty simple.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
jw375
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Question for the day , 3 speed Ford/Cruse o MATIC ,  Found  C1AF 700  year 1963  Bolt up ,has the 4 Bolt at trans , to aluminum bell housing ..  I have seen on Line 1963 is at the limit??

I have Y block , 1956 f100,  Will it Bolt up 
I had 3 on the tree.. 

This would be great to know .. 

charliemccraney
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 9 hours ago
The bellhousing to engine bolt pattern is the same for all Ford Y-Blocks.  So all Ford Y-block transmissions and bellhousings will bolt up to any other Ford Y-Block.  The mounting pattern to the transmission, however, is not universal so you do need the matching bellhousing for the transmission.

Lawrenceville, GA
jw375
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)

Finding a trans  ford o-    or  cruse   hard to find ...   in general Not around .. Like hens teeth.. 
MoonShadow
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Be careful some of the later ones had an aluminum case and bell housing. Those are actually 2 speed only. The one you want will have a cast case around the main transmission section.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Bob Gardner
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
The Toyota steering conversion can be made to work with the 3 on the tree steering column.  It will require some re-engineering of the column, a weld in Borgenson joint, and a bunch of measuring to get it right the first time.  Becuase you have to modify and weld the stock column, it makes their conversion kit not a bolt in.  Which is why Midfifty says it won't work.  
jw375
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Ok I Give up , I'm going to Go with Flat -O   Bell House Adp. For  c 4 , we will check the rear end gearing prior to..  

I have looked and look for ford o matic  or cruse o matic ,I found a guy in stockton had a trans , I asked it it was correct never got a answer , $950 wanted a core charge ,  and it 4 hours away ..but no answer if it would bolt up..  they are not around guys ..   Tired of beating a dead horse .. I looked and looked online , not driving to the moon , I hear opinions ... good look ....for such and such .. Enough is enough .. I hear lots of ideas , but no here is the part, it works ... 
remember , its going into a f100  1956 ,    it had /has 3 speed , with over drive ..  
I'm located in grants pass,or  I'm going to make a move next week .. you can email me , but honestly all I hear here is people with ideas.no you can find it over here , tired of waiting .. . Sorry guys .. Thank you very much! 
  Question ?????Will a 1959 Ford O Matic Bolt to a Y block ... seems like it might  1956 F100 truck found one in redding ???? happy to go that way Looks like a two speed auto?? I'd buy that its close cost is good its rebuilt too 
jw375
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

will a 1959 fordomatic  bolt up , found one  ..needs to go to 56 f 100 
jw375
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Boy You area a Peach of a guy ...   I mean a Peach !
PF Arcand
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Don't know about a '59 bolting up, but as I understand it, by '59 the Fordomatic was religated to cheaper models & is a true 2 spd trans, unlike the earlier models that are actually 3 spd.  

P.S.-  Whatever non original trans you decide on, ensure that the input shaft does "not" bottom out against the crankshaft!  That info comes from an         expert on Y-Block conversions, John Mummert..

Paul

Reading This Topic

Site Meter