Profile Picture

Dragster Engine

Posted By Cliff 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/31f2abc9-a78b-439b-9364-6740.jpg 
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/09c9cc8c-0526-402b-9c6c-377e.jpg 
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/bfade79c-0a58-4bda-96b7-fca8.jpg 
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/6ea39e90-4c40-4485-b44a-1586.jpg 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/03f3232c-a83f-47c5-866a-6297.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d0eceeea-977e-4308-a307-915b.jpg 
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/ae869054-7e73-4493-b0ae-99f9.jpg 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/7fc44103-d73c-4bb7-9f46-deed.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/6ba162c0-ec96-4b3b-b6bf-2183.jpg

Finishing this up, Head porting and chamber by John, valve seats by me, piston domes by John, valve pockets by me, non posted heads, posts added through the rocker stand bolt holes (2 on each head), over 8 months of working on Saturdays to get this far. 

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post Dragster Engine By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Sweet By charliemccraney ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post More work done, 2.02 intake, 1.60 exhaust (manley proflow), Isky... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Cliff. I'm very interested in what you are doing on your engine... By NoShortcuts ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post The small letter heads have a better exhaust port (per John), John is... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Added post seen in water port By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post ATI Super Damper installed (sbc 6"), honed to Ford crank snout size,... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Closer By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Learned a lesson today, I bought Procomp head studs (they were cheap)... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Cliff. My recollection is that you started with a 292 block.... By NoShortcuts ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Yes a 292 block B9AE-6015 F, 9.750 Deck Height, 3.810 Bore, 3.600... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post More By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Stee Cam and lifters (had to turn down the cam so the lifter would... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Roll master timing set (heat treated) By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post More done By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post I think I'm going trim the damper about 1/2 inch to bring it closer to... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Rear seal retainer done By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Fitting oil pan (marine) By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post More By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Well a step backward, went to turn over the engine after installing... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Shorting the damper .400 By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ended up taking off .330 By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Installed By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Here's the car By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Is that a flex chassis? Randy Gumalt had a problem with his dragster... By MoonShadow ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post This one's good to go, used to run with a BB chv By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Randy's chassis was also BBC. I've never pitted for a full on dragster... By MoonShadow ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post I think Randy's chassis was designed for less power. I think they... By charliemccraney ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post I can see him thinking that a chassis made for a BBC would work on the... By MoonShadow ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post This one is a 234" Spitzer, and has run a lot faster than I will, I... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Randy’s dragster was a solid 8.90 performer with the 762HP BBC engine... By Ted ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Working again, had to remove a little metal from the chambers. By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Next head, some of this stuff is SHARP. By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post OUCH!!!!!!!!!! Your Block bit you! Those big intake valves look... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hi, John Mummert did the ports and the chambers, they flow... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Got any new updates? By prosycamore ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Needed to catch up on other work, will be back on it this weekend,... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Why the change for the pushrods? By charliemccraney ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post I do things to solve problems I have had in the past (push rods ending... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post alu rocker got too big ball problem? By LordMrFord ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post You got it, going to run steel rockers this time, I see you are... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Cliff (5/17/2018)[/b][hr] You got it, going to run steel... By LordMrFord ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post The Dove rocker arms became problematic. Harland Sharp have been... By charliemccraney ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ok, the drivers side head just touches the piston, a little more... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Now the right head done (3 spots). By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Oil pump done, this is a 1961 Ford reman, I took it apart and... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Last check for clearance, white grease on pistons, head installed,... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Drivers side head needed more work, this is going to be a tight engine... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post New problem, pistons hit the spark plugs (closed the gap) found... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post More stuff, here's the the rocker arms I'm going to use, real FoMoCo... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Last of the work for today, By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post It looks like you will need longer push rods from those pictures.... By Joe-JDC ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post You can usually index the plugs to get more clearance. You also want... By charliemccraney ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Longer pushrods also give you a higher rocker ratio because of the... By charliemccraney ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post I had to cut into the rocker a channel to oil the top ball (5/16 ball,... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Cliff. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Good find on those rockers... By Ted ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post I'm jealous of the prize you got By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hi, the contact on the push rod is ether the top of the ball or the... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hey, did you guys notice that the retainers have the center milled... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post These Hi Lift rockers check out @1.48 (+), looks like these all check... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Here's what I will be testing, not all but samples, these will be... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Fenton = 1.3925 By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thomas = 1.531 By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ok, tested the Ford rockers with Ford push rods and adjusters. Lo... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Done with this, the last test was with the Ford Hi Ratio rocker with... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post So far I have spent the whole morning measuring rocker arms to get a... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Well after all my work, I installed these one at a time on the same... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post No work this weekend went to the L.A. Roadster Show By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Here's the oil channel cut into the rocker to oil to the top ball, the... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Yes Cliff : Years ago I tested all 16 ECG 6564 A2 1956 272 rocker arms... By john2747 ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Good job, however when you look at higher lifts things change, I will... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post If I remember right, FE rockers are 1:7 ratio, Mummert has them for... By Genuinerod ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Cliff (6/24/2018)[/b][hr] Good job, however when you... By LordMrFord ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Mummert's 1.7 ratio are only for aluminum heads. I have seen where... By charliemccraney ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Better photo of the oil channel cut into the rocker By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Charlie: I doubt very much if you have ever checked a rocker arm for... By john2747 ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post There was no criticism and it's not my theory. If you just google... By charliemccraney ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Over the years I have played with rocker arm geometry and designed and... By DryLakesRacer ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ok, here's the test, used 3 length push rods, 1st 8.000 this opened... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post PS lobe lift is .374 with no lash By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post So is it running yet? :w00t: By John Mummert ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post No, stuck in the weeds, I do have a motor ready to bolt in, however... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Don't see anything stupid just a little puzzling. When we did our... By John Mummert ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Well the intake is on it way, I'm working on injector placement, this... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Some work today, removed the overflow tubes from the shafts, replaced... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post All day working on the rockers, shafts polished checked and assembled.... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ok more work done, long block about finished, there's my 8,000... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Just an idea for you.. Machine a spacer that fits between the block... By Dave C ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Good idea, but not for this one, the gear is about .020 high on the... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Here's the problem, Factory measures 4.944 MSD 4.885, this is with the... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Shoot, machine down the distributor where it sits in the block if all... By Dave C ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post I think your right, Geoff Mummert says the same thing, however I think... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post I couldn't hurt to let MSD know there is an issue, and it wouldn't... By Dave C ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Here is a copy of my E Mail to MSD Hi Bass, those measurements are... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post The spec in my '61 shop manual says 4.991" - 4.996" with .022" - .030"... By charliemccraney ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Cliff ; Your numbers and the description of how the measurement is... By john2747 ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ditto on using a straight edge on the bottom of the gear when... By Ted ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ted, here's my 2 cents worth. The helix on the cam and distributor... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hi guys, my measurements were taken with the shaft pushed up tight... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ted,I see from your efforts to measure 14 distributors only the... By john2747 ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Cliff. Thanks for sharing your findings. It does bring a potential... By Ted ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post I agree 100% with Ted, we must remember we are dealing with 60 year... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Bass at MSD has referred this to R&D, I think it's a way of putting me... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post An idea for Ted and Cliff for your performance builds. Why not machine... By Dave C ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Well a little more trouble, these heads have push rod tubes installed... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post I thought of something else regarding the distributor gear/block... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Good question. I’m still running the original 55 tach drive dist. in... By miker ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hi, working all morning, I've been running a reamer through the... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Cliff (7/21/2018)[/b][hr] Hi, working all morning, I've... By Shaggy ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Well I have others, I may use a billet Mallory distributor that I... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Going home, worked like a horse, push rods still rub, grind and check... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post After a lot of work today I had to remove one of the push rod tubes,... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Well the distributor now fits, the end play of the MSD is .030, when... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hi guys, still working today, here's the head bolt sleeves, this... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Here's the material I'm using for the push rod tubes, I tried to form... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ok, here's the sleeves for the head bolt holes, they had to be tapped... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Installed and spot faced. By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post No photos today, time for final assembly, am checking all clearances 1... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Cliff, are you sure you want to go to Hawaii with the Hurricane... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post I paid for the trip last year so I'm going, how did you get those big... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Cliff: I guess, since the car can no longer run NHRA stock class, I... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thanks John, I will pass this on to my son. By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post JOHN ! ! ! Has the statute of limitations expired on what you have... By NoShortcuts ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Love the story, John. The way racing was done in the day. By miker ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post I forgot to mention that I rolled the inner edge of the wheel opening... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post A little more, I bought 5/16 push rods, no more clearance problems,... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Back working, cleaned the valve covers, bead blasted them, I cut the... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Sleeves added to second head By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Burning the night oil tonight, after all the work I did, I CCd the... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Here's where I ended up today By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Valve covers done By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post More work today, oil pump, valve covers, oil pump drive (made from a... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Making parts today, however the band saw broke, so I'm doing it the... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Finished for the day, both parts rough cut By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Electric water pump? By LordMrFord ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Yes, a remote pump By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post More work to night By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Got to ask, what are the machined slots for? By MoonShadow ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post So it doesn't look like a flat plate when it's done (lipstick) By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Oh, purty stuff. That works. By MoonShadow ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Cliff, Gotta ask. Where you getting the prints for the Y block to... By Dave C ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post I got the pattern from Ted Eaton, however you can buy the complete... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Yeah. I know about the Wilcap adapter. But I'm like you. Why buy when... By Dave C ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Water pump plate finished By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post I haven't tried any of those push on lines. Are they good? By MoonShadow ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Nice work. By charliemccraney ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Yes their good, those are Teflon hoses, I had to finish that part with... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Some more work tonight. By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Getting close, had to clean up the shop (big mess), so not much time... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Valley plate done By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Installed By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post All day making a mock up motor plate, almost done, the hardest part... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post More work on the motor plate. By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post How thick is the material for your adapter plate? For aluminum... By Ted ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post This is 7075 .250 thick, however there is a .750 adapter between it... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Here's a back yard trick, I used a 2 1/2" hole saw mounted in the rear... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post More, Y Block holes drilled, used part of a bell housing for pattern.... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post More work today, motor plate roughed in, took a long time.... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Fitting the engine today By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post New problem, block hits the frame, I'll grind this off tomorrow. By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Almost ready to make a real part By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Front motor plate roughed in By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Fits the engine, now to mount the injector pump and the alternator By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post This will be the injector pump mount, I have to make everything. By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Cliff. I see where you’re using one of those ½” blade band saws. I... By Ted ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Yes, and they don't cut straight, but it's what I have. By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Working on the oil pan, chopped the back off. By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Powerglide and Y Block now fit the motor plate, I'm working slow now,... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Cliff: Sorry to heart about your brother, you were truly your... By FORD DEARBORN ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thanks Jeff By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Fuel pump mount done (well maybe a little fitting)... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post More. By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Cliff, Notice you are using an ATI dampner, and assume it is SBC honed... By Dave C ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Yes a sbc damper, it's honed to fit, new key way broached and cut... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post OK, gotta ask. Is the marine seal the same as a standard y block seal?... By Dave C ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post No, I think it's a sbc seal, John gave me the part number when I... By Cliff ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thanks.. Dave By Dave C ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Soon to be alternator bracket . By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Alternator bracket done By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post I sure like your hard work and enjoy your continued report on the... By 57FordPU ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thanks Charlie, I met you at the San Diego meet a long time ago, I... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post More alternator bracket, finished detailing the mount, roughed in the... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Starting to detail parts for the front of the engine, this takes a... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post This is what is going on top of the intake manifold that I'm making... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Front Motor plate finished By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Reworked alternator bracket By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Motor plate almost done By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Spacer for the motor plate roughed in, adapter will be made of 1/2... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Working on the Engine adapter, it's made of 1/2" cold rolled steel,... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post More work on the adapter (4 hours on the milling machine), next for... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Here's a picture of my 57 Bird, it just sits, about 3000 miles on the... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post More adapter work By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Working on the oil pan, welding and shaping done, needs detail, rear... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Cliff, Enjoying your progress so far.. But gotta ask. Why didn't you... By Dave C ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Well, the flex plate is a sb scruby 168 tooth (needed to be SFI), I... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Got ya. I built mine for using a 130 tooth mopar. The Wilcap setup... By Dave C ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Oil pan and all small parts done. By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ya got some skills there Cliff. :D Dave By Dave C ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post No more mock up, assembled for real, I don't trust the MSD, so I'm... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Cliff we just machined a few tunnel ram bases. Possible back up plan... By John Mummert ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thanks John, however my plastic intake is next (I hope). By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Well after a bunch of work, the Wilcap flywheel adapter doesn't fit... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post My crank adapter for the AOD conversion also did not fit. Had to have... By MoonShadow ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Same problem, also the bolt pockets are not deep enough, the socket... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Makes you wonder what crank they use for the measurements. Maybe they... By MoonShadow ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hi guys, I worked hard Saturday, the crank adapter now fits however... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Well after all morning, the input shaft fits (had to reduce the spline... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post No work this weekend, going to the Y Block Races in San Diego By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Did some work today, almost done with the transmission adapter, still... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post More work done, adapter done, spacer done (I may paint them one more... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Working today, stopped for lunch, test fit, sharp parts By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Well after a lot of work the starter hits the oil pan, so now to look... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Cliff (5/25/2019)[/b][hr]Working today, stopped for lunch,... By Ted ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Starting the intake manifold today, making the water cross over first,... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hi, starter now fits, had to grind the side of the starter, and the... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Really hope it fits to the dragster frame! Tight spots…. By Hollow Head ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post I measured twice, should have at least 1/4" at the tightest point (I... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Motor plate done (may paint it one more time) By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Cliff, there are much easier ways to obtain red... By FORD DEARBORN ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post I know, after working on parts, I need to test fit before finishing... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Engine and Transmission mated for good, now for fitting everything to... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Working on the car today, this car had a BB scruby and the alternator... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Welding done By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hi, no photos today (lazy), added tube removed, the hardest part is... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hi guys, this where I stopped today, getting the car ready for paint... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post No work today, found a lot of Y Block parts on Face Book Market Place,... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Nice score.. Never anything for Y blocks listed around here.. Dave By Dave C ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Working on chassis today, aluminum floor pans in rough shape (from... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Now sanding the frame for paint, this is hard have to sand all around... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post This is a hard job, I don't like doing it, I want an unpainted frame,... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post This is a bad job By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post I think there is a better way than paint stripper, I'm going to Harbor... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post I'm not a fan of paint stripper. Very corrosive if not completely... By ian57tbird ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post More work done, don't use harbor freight 4" wire brushes, they fly... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post There is an easier way to do this Cliff.. Hire someone...lol Dave By Dave C ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post More work done today, this is a BIG JOB (real big), it's going to the... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post A lot of work yesterday, getting the frame ready to go to the stripper... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ok worked Saturday and Monday, top of the car done, now working on the... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Working today, repairing cracke d nose (mounting points), leaking... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post All chassis repairs done, also added skid pad. By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Now starting to refinish all the small parts, finished with Sharkhide... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post On the way to the stripper By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Back from the stripper By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Paint or powder coat? Dave By Dave C ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hi, Sharkhide http://sharkhide.com/ By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thanks.. Dave By Dave C ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hi Guys, sorry about the long time with no postings, I am scuffing the... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post It's really starting to come along. Great Job! By suede57ford ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ok, chassis is ready to go, all repairs done, Sharkhide done (good... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Better pictures By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post More work, front axle going in, all parts refinished, all grade 8... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Here's what I did today, will install it tomorrow By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Installed By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Update, working on all small parts, cleaning repairing and refinishing... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post More work, this work is slow, front wheels installed, cleaned all... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Shifter done and installed, the solenoid was a hard job (finished with... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Working today, new stainless brake line (20ft) routes through the... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Now the dash, this thing is CRAP, I'm going to make a new one, the... By Cliff ( 5 Years Ago )
Forum Post Short note, started to make the dash, this is cut out of an old off... By Cliff ( 4 Years Ago )
Forum Post I have to ask what are the tubes sticking out of the front of the... By MoonShadow ( 4 Years Ago )
Forum Post I stuck them in there so I could suspend the frame with out touching... By Cliff ( 4 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hi guys, working again (did not close escrow yet, lawyers fighting)... By Cliff ( 4 Years Ago )
Forum Post Soon to be battery tray By Cliff ( 4 Years Ago )
Forum Post Will that be half the weight or less of the one you removed? By Ted ( 4 Years Ago )
Forum Post The one I took out was steel, wait till I put some holes in it. By Cliff ( 4 Years Ago )
Forum Post Update, I closed escrow on my 2 buildings, I'm now an owner, and... By Cliff ( 4 Years Ago )
Forum Post Machines in place, not wired yet. By Cliff ( 4 Years Ago )
Forum Post Back on the dragster today, rear axle stripped today, Monday going to... By Cliff ( 4 Years Ago )
Forum Post The black lives people left (GOOD) By Cliff ( 4 Years Ago )
Forum Post What color are you, Cliff baby? [quote][b]Cliff (6/6/2020)[/b][hr]... By Lord Gaga ( 4 Years Ago )
Forum Post I read the statement and I acknowledge the question; a rhetorical... By patm ( 4 Years Ago )
Forum Post I don't mind the protest in fact I may agree, however I don't want... By Cliff ( 4 Years Ago )
Forum Post Sounds OK to me. Pat in AZ By patm ( 4 Years Ago )
Forum Post Adding parking lifts to the inside of my shop, the late model cars are... By Cliff ( 4 Years Ago )
Forum Post Cliff: How does the lifting mechanism work in this design? Looks like... By FORD DEARBORN ( 4 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hi, there is one large ram at the top, it pull cables at the 4 legs,... By Cliff ( 4 Years Ago )
Forum Post I hope they are securely bolted to the floor. I recently saw a picture... By MoonShadow ( 4 Years Ago )
Forum Post I envy the high ceiling where you can do that. Looks good. By Ted ( 4 Years Ago )
Forum Post Yep, bolted to the floor By Cliff ( 4 Years Ago )
Forum Post More lifts going in (out side) By Cliff ( 4 Years Ago )
Forum Post Back to work! By Cliff ( 4 Years Ago )
Forum Post More work today, welded crack in rear axle, welded in gas tank... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post More work, fitting the new gas tank (cutting holes), now time to... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Gas tank done By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Well, rear axle is at the plater, starting to make a new firewall,... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Firewall could be recycled as a good cheese grater.........(sorry... By FORD DEARBORN ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post That's what I think, sorry about being so slow on the pictures, but... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hi, started my little bird today https://youtu.be/fJr7fFmbTwo... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Back from the plater By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Soda break By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Just about to install this, Strange aluminium case and spool, 4.30 pro... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ok, done for today. By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Is that joint at the pinion a CV joint? Even though the housing is... By FORD DEARBORN ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post That's a drive coupler, yes that thing is heavy. By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Working today, rebuilding the axles, they are 35 spline, the lug studs... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Added 1 more lift it's huge!! 3 car, 2 inches from the roof. By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Starting work today, repairing damaged caliper bracket By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post More work, roughed in the firewall, more work on the rear axle... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post A little more work tonight By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Worked all day, refinishing parts By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Well worked all day, when I started to assemble the brakes I found out... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Small amount of work tonight, had to rework the pinion support, it was... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post I finished the pinion support before, however I did not try to fit it,... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post What did I do today, well refinished brake calipers (long time), took... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Brakes done, all new stainless hardware (aircraft surplus), all steel... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Fitting the firewall today, trimmed up the edges, profiled the... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Fitted, now starting to finish, 80 Grit and clear By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Firewall done By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Making the center firewall (between battery and cockpit) By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post What I did today, 1 put rings in my shop air compressor, fitted the... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Firewall done By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Start of a new floor By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Floor roughed in By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post What have I been doing? well plumbing the car, cutting holes for... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Here's a picture of the dash By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Floors done, installed By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Lunch break, this morning 2 steps forward 1 step back, electronics... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Installed By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Reworking the drain and fill plugs for the read end By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Gas tank finished and installed for the last time By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Soon to be battery box By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Had to shorten the coupler, engine going in (have to remove the oil... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post In, forgot to grind off a small part of the block (hits the frame),... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post No work today, this is in front of my house... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post 1/2 the day on the milling machine making a battery box (I could have... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Battery box (tray) done, I could have bought one for $35.00 on E Bay,... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post One more photo By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Working today, this thing is done, ready to install, don't know why it... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post New problem, flex plate shield hits the frame. By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post OK, battery installed with tray and hold down, starter installed, look... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Now mocking up the wing and radiator By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post What am I doing? refinishing parts By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post More work, refinished the wing and all small parts, finished with... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post I have a legal flex plate shield that fits, parts are hard to get now... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Radiator, cleaned and installed stainless hardware, new problem... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ok, that took an hour laying on my back on the ground and digging into... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Shift cable installed, runs through the gears with no problems, still... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Starting to make a Lexan intake manifold, this is the start of the... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Working today By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Going home, got the flanges about 90% done e By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Just curious what the manifold will be going on? The dragster? I... By Joe-JDC ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hi Joe, this is going on my dragster engine, it will mount a Hilborn... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post So when is the dyno date Cliff? It looks like your down to the last... By John Mummert ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Going to run it in the car first, working on the intake runners today,... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post This the plug for forming the intake port (not done) this was formed... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Here's what happens if you don't balance your engine (funny)... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Transmission shields in place, these things are hard to fit. By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Your doing some quality work there Cliff. I've watched your build... By 57FordPU ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thanks Charley, one of the bolts that hold the shield to the rear of... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post What am I doing? well the intake manifold is not cooperating, having a... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Are you using heat to help preform the lexan? By Ted ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Yes, this stuff is strong, when I heat it hot enough to make it... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post If you use a Benzene torch and keep it moving across the lexan, it... By Joe-JDC ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Working today, here are some failed attempts at forming the intake... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post More tries (closer), however after more study I'm going to make a... By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post Merry Christmas everybody! By Cliff ( 3 Years Ago )
Forum Post You are doing some very interesting work on this Setup. I've been... By bird55 ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thanks, this manifold is killing me, and I got sick for a week. By Cliff ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post Have you considered using clear plastic tubing in 1 3/4" diameter and... By Joe-JDC ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post That's a Idea, however I think I got it. Thanks By Cliff ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hi Cliff, I sent you a DM, but no response. T BirdAnyway, would you... By bird55 ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hi, didn't get the message, I have all parts, they just cost to much... By Cliff ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post I wanted to add that making a manifold is really fascinating and must... By bird55 ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post OK, to answer manifold questions, The reason I'm making it out of... By Cliff ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thank you Cliff, I figured it had to be something like that. By bird55 ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post What I did this morning, made a peddle pivot and a peddle stop (stops... By Cliff ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post Done for today By Cliff ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post Back to in the intake manifold, I'm getting the hang of forming this... By Cliff ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post More work By Cliff ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post Done for today, here's my crazy jig, I split the forming plug, built a... By Cliff ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post OK back to work, cutting up a set of SBC upswept headers to use on my... By Cliff ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post One side By Cliff ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post Right Side By Cliff ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post Cliff, what is the purpose of what looks like a piece of 1/2" plumbing... By FORD DEARBORN ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hi, that's where the evac system I'm making will connect, it will... By Cliff ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post Looking good Cliff. What are your plans for the headers? Will they be... By bird55 ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post Crankcase evacuation system needs an anti-backfire valve at the... By Joe-JDC ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post I will use a 2 Ford gulp valves (60's smog valve), looks the same as a... By Cliff ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post I would think so. Also, you don't want the O2 sensors to be too close... By Joe-JDC ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post It would be nice so cut those evac tubes at a 45* angle. I’m surprised... By DryLakesRacer ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hey do I see your car at the donut shop once and a wile? (magnolia &... By Cliff ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post I have these valves coming from each valve cover to each header and I... By Vic Correnti ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post Check out the Moroso 25900 crankcase evacuation system at Summit for... By Joe-JDC ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post Cliff….Probably, I am there most Saturday mornings pretty early. By DryLakesRacer ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post New seat done (snap on cover) By Cliff ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post Working a a 302 Ford, this is a gear on a Mallory distributor, only... By Cliff ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hi, back working on the dragster, getting ready to run in the engine,... By Cliff ( Last Year )
Forum Post Yes I running the coolant backwards (cool heads, hot cylinder walls) By Cliff ( Last Year )
Forum Post Very interesting and great work as always, thanks for the update.... By FORD DEARBORN ( Last Year )
Forum Post Electric water pump mounted on the frame, MSD 7AL-2, 2 belts 1 for the... By Cliff ( Last Year )
Forum Post Work today, bracket making and installing the transmission cooler By Cliff ( Last Year )
Forum Post Met Cliff yesterday at Donut Derelicts in Huntington Beach. It seems... By DryLakesRacer ( Last Year )
Forum Post Working again, making a water manifold By Cliff ( 4 Months Ago )
Forum Post Could a pair of water inlets for a boat engine work? At least serve as... By MoonShadow ( 4 Months Ago )
Forum Post Hi, what I need will be a lot different than the marine water necks. By Cliff ( 4 Months Ago )
Forum Post More work (I work on this nights and some Saturdays), now to the... By Cliff ( 4 Months Ago )
Forum Post Milled to size (rough) took 3 hours By Cliff ( 4 Months Ago )
Forum Post So all the angles are right, however I don't like it so I going to... By Cliff ( 4 Months Ago )
Forum Post Now I see. That looks great. By MoonShadow ( 4 Months Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter