Profile Picture

Finally Finished !! Blown EFI Y-Block 32 Ford

Posted By thundercat 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I finally finished my project.. Ive been sneaking out nightly to test & tune . Got my state inspection sticker last Thursday and drove 250 miles to & from Car Show in Northern Pa on Sunday.  It still needs to learn fine tune but not bad. Runs pretty good..    Its the same 312 .060 that has about 1000 miles on the short block. It was built with the blower in mind about 3 years ago with dished Racetec pistons . I installed Mummert heads with the chambers opened up a little by John M. I used his short cover and shortened the damper about an inch. Shortened the alt. bracket also.  The crank sticks thru the damper &  the aluminum blower drive adapter I made so I had to bore it out and use longer crank bolt..  I used MSD EFI  as all my other parts are MSD [ dist, coil, wires, boxes]     you can control timing and retard timing as boost increases  .  This was my first attempt at EFI....It was worth the effort & cost  to me..  A side note :   I had to settle for "HUFD 312" License Plate as Pennsylvanhttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/db7609e3-ca08-4fd8-9a25-a74c.jpgia will not let you use  "BLWN 312"  No Way  !!...  Steve McD       THUNDERCAThttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/90e5849c-9f7e-4170-ac18-dfcb.jpg

Mars , Pennsylvania

thundercat
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d3ee36cd-1413-4c80-a9ef-c30f.jpg

Mars , Pennsylvania

thundercat
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Lindsay Shoemaker  "Y-Bloke"   Intake  from Australia  They are made well. Only thing I altered was to drill two pipe thread ports near the top where thermostat goes for senders.....Steve McD 

Mars , Pennsylvania

Talkwrench
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hell yeah! At least it looks traditional. Nice with the salt flats and some decent rubber, cant stand those that put low profile tyres on their hotrods [street rods]  and most of all it doesn't have a scrub motor!  well done hats off..

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/02c74785-3ce2-4b80-a66c-f31f.jpg

"Came too close to dying to stop living now!"
speedpro56
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
As beautiful as it gets!

-Gary Burnette-

62bigwindow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Looks great! Had a chance to stretch it's legs yet?

Durham Missouri
MoonShadow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I've posted twice about linkage but it seems to disappear. Do you have close up pictures of your throttle linkage? Did you use a bell crank or cables? I'm going to work on my blower motor this winter as far as rigging up linkage etc. And could use some ideas. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
thundercat
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks for nice comments  and THANKS TO ALL  for help from this site both directly and from past information "Searches"...    I have about 350 miles now has quite a bit more power and throttle response...   Throttle linkage    I reused the cables from before to see how they would work , just made new brackets...May try a mechanical throttle this winter as throttle doesn't return exactly same each time[ a very small amount]  probably from "S" turn in cable...I will post if it works better..  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/31413396-29ff-4ffb-8cb3-8a1f.jpg  Steve McD

Mars , Pennsylvania

Lord Gaga
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
BEAUTIFUL!!

"FREE SAMPLE"
MoonShadow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks, that's the picture I needed to see. Are you running an AOD? I have the same style cable on mine. Lokar suggested I just get longer cables and move the linkage up like you have. I would think that would work but will watch the cable turns. The manual bell crank seems doable but the AOD kickdown may still need a cable. I would like to have a solution before I put the engine in the car. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire

Reading This Topic

Site Meter