Profile Picture

Finally Finished !! Blown EFI Y-Block 32 Ford

Posted By thundercat 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Yes I am running an AOD [ Only because I had access to an expensive rebuilt 700R4 did I use it]  Works very well had everything with it including Lokar shifter for cheap..Had to make the bracket Lokars  in next to junk.  theres wont lock in place at carb [look at how this  just fits at carb base]. they use a little set screw to hold but doesn't work..loosens up..there spacing vertically is way off also for cables to pull straight..  You will have to buy theres to get all the hardware but easily make a custom bracket to fit your application.  I used 1/8" stainless..My throttle cable might work better if it were new. I reused the old one and it could have a worn spot in the Teflon liner and in a different place now..i just wanted to run before winter will work on in off season . Started list..I know you have been working on your system about as long as I have .. You will be pleased when completed..  Worth the work.. Steve McD

Mars , Pennsylvania

charliemccraney
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 1 minute ago
I don't understand the balance spring concept as described.  Do you have pictures?

Lawrenceville, GA
MoonShadow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Are you talking about a second spring pulling forward on the throttle and hooked to the top of the linkage plate? I've done a lot like that for many years. Even used them as a standard double spring setup.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
famdoc3
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (408 reputation)Supercharged (408 reputation)Supercharged (408 reputation)Supercharged (408 reputation)Supercharged (408 reputation)Supercharged (408 reputation)Supercharged (408 reputation)Supercharged (408 reputation)Supercharged (408 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Looks great congratulations! Still working at on mine for my Model A coupe. MIKE.

Mike, still lovin his 57 t'bird after 53 years!
MoonShadow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Are you looking a the 2V setup? I have a couple that were made for scrub accessory pullies. One is about 6.25" and the other is about 5.75". I figure if space is a problem I can go to the V belt setup. Since the difference in the diameter are what makes the under or over drive ratio I don't see why this wont work.  It would be either 1.08 over drive or 0.92 under. I'm really hoping to keep the 3" pulleys though. Since I'm running a two V accessory pulley I needed 9" snout for the blower. I used a 7" and a 2" spacer. Chuck
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/01a0e685-3e7a-402e-adcf-c2a6.jpg

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

thundercat
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)

Your setup looks great.. I had collected  Scrub pulleys also and was going that route also until I went with the short cover.. My snout is 8"  I cut about 1" from back of damper . crank now sticks out into my adapter. I had to bore adapter to crank size to depth of a little over 1"  I'm hoping the crank bolt stays tight. ive been checking it .. Good so far..  I actually liked the looks of the V belts better in 30's car but wasn't sure if it wouldn't slip..Steve McD

Mars , Pennsylvania

thundercat
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I cut my drive pulleys down from 3"  to 2" for space saving  also..Your projects both look Great !!  I my as well throw away throw away the radio as the whine overrides  it. Cant tell if its even on!!

Mars , Pennsylvania

MoonShadow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Walden's hot rod shop makes a pulley setup for the Y-Block. It uses the 3V belt pulleys and includes the upper, lower, idler arm and idler pulley. Price was around $800. I thought it was high for the pulleys.
how-to-choose-a-blower-supercharger-walden-speed-shop-32

Y's guys rule!

Rono
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Great job on the motor and it looks awesome in your coupe. I can only hope my blower motor turns out half as well for my 37 coupe project.

Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

famdoc3
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (408 reputation)Supercharged (408 reputation)Supercharged (408 reputation)Supercharged (408 reputation)Supercharged (408 reputation)Supercharged (408 reputation)Supercharged (408 reputation)Supercharged (408 reputation)Supercharged (408 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
We'll see how mine works. I am using an add AC pulley with the 2 equal sized pulleys to drive the supercharger and the smaller front pulley to drive the alternator. Used a 7.90 snout on the 4/71 on a ybloke manifold with an aluminum scruby crank pulley adapted to the snout. Piece by piece just working it out. MIKE

Mike, still lovin his 57 t'bird after 53 years!

Reading This Topic

Site Meter