Profile Picture

High price of racing a ford

Posted By Glen Henderson 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
The things you have to do to afford to race a Y Block,

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/e4036439-7103-402a-8e05-d433.JPG

Some times you have to work on a scrub, this is a 5.7 (383 ci) that I just finished. It is the late vortec block with iron vortec heads, scat stroker crank, eagle rods, KB pistons, Comp Hyd roller cam, stainless valves, Comp valve train, 750 Holley vac sec. carb. Should make 450/475 hp on pump gas. The really sad thing is that this engine cost about half what my 337 y block cost.

Glen Henderson

Freedom is not Free

Letohatchee, AL

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post High price of racing a ford By Glen Henderson ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Glen, That may be true, but that is simply because the the... By Canadian Hot Rodder ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post I can't take credit for my Y block other than gathering the parts, Ted... By Glen Henderson ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Just so someone gets the wrong idea and thinks I have gone over to the... By Glen Henderson ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Glen: Are you comparing apples to apples? You say you built the... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Hoosier Hurricane (3/4/2014)[/b][hr]Glen: By the way, even... By lyonroad ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Glen Henderson (3/4/2014)[/b][hr]The things you have to do... By aussiebill ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post John, yes I included my labor and the machine shop labor. The... By Glen Henderson ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post The sad truth is they are cheaper to build than any Ford. OK I have... By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]ian57tbird (3/5/2014)[/b][hr]The sad truth is they are... By bird55 ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]ian57tbird (3/5/2014)[/b][hr]The sad truth is they are... By lyonroad ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post I think they even work out a bit cheaper to build than SBF. By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post It isn't an apples to apples situation obviously. SBC engines have had... By PF Arcand ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post I'm not certain the price of racing a common Ford is high, its just... By John Mummert ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]John Mummert (3/7/2014)[/b][hr]I'm not certain the price of... By aussiebill ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post JM you made the point that I was trying to make, all the scrub parts... By Glen Henderson ( 10 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter