Profile Picture

How To Tell a Forged Crank from a Cast Crank

Posted By Oldmics 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Dum ass me don't know how to tell the differences.

Can someone explain how to tell the difference.

Think I might have a 312 steel crank

Many thanks,Oldmics

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post How To Tell a Forged Crank from a Cast Crank By Oldmics ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Easier to show you the difference, I think, than to describe it,... By NoShortcuts ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post In addition to what Charles said, the surface finish of the forging... By pegleg ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post 292 forged cranks do not have counterweights adjacent to the center... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post The oem cast crankshaft will have eight counterweights while the... By Ted ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post RE: How To Tell a Forged Crank from a Cast Crank By aussiebill ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post AussieBill's picture of the forged crank clearly shows John and Ted's... By NoShortcuts ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Wher was the forged 312 crank used? By pegleg ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Oldmics (2/16/2014)[/b][hr]Dum ass me don't know how to tell... By aussiebill ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Oldmics (2/16/2014)[/b][hr]....Think I might have a 312... By Ted ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Crank is still in the engine. The color differences explained are... By Oldmics ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Oldmics (2/17/2014)[/b][hr]Crank is still in the engine.... By NoShortcuts ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Oldmics Wind chill of 86* here today[/quote] I didn't really need... By pegleg ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post john no Canadian 60 mercs had a 312.trucks with 312s did exist but... By 314 ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Frank: There have been rumors that some Canadian 312 '60 Mercurys had... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Its an ECZ main capped engine. That much I did inspect. I knew about... By Oldmics ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post The only reason 312's exist in Canadian trucks is that the Ranchero's... By marvh ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post From what I can gather, Oldmics, if you've come-up with a forged 312... By NoShortcuts ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Have to stamp XE on it in a few places for the premium loot factor.... By Oldmics ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Oldmics (2/17/2014)[/b][hr]Have to stamp XE on it in a few... By aussiebill ( 10 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter