Profile Picture

Stainless headers in Aussieland

Posted By slick56 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
aussiebill (3/6/2014)
CK and his 55Tbird (3/6/2014)
Good one slick.

hey Ian, have you checked them with a magnet?
My set has some attraction over the pipes, yet the flanges have none.

What would you guys think of this?

Same as you ! different quality stainless tube, Thats why they are priced so, but will be ok for a far wihle. You often see on boats with stainless bowrails and brackets, brown staining, which is lesser quality stainless.

As an example 409 stainless,which is common in heavy duty exhaust tubing is magnetic while 304 stainless, also common in exhaust components is not. Both are far more corrosion resistant than stock aluminized steel. 304 stainless will stay shiny much longer than 409.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia
Rono
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Thanks Mark! That's good to know. I'll try to keep my grimy fingerprints off them!

Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

lyonroad
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

No problem Rono, you should be able to easily polish off any finger prints if you do it before you burn them on. Did you pick up a set of the Aussie headers?

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
Delta, British Columbia
Rono
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

I bought a set but had them shipped to Ian. he is coming to California this summer and will bring them with him.

Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

lyonroad
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Sounds good, did you have to buy Ian a new suit case?

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
Delta, British Columbia
lyonroad
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

ian57tbird (3/6/2014)

Anyone got any thoughts on how the primaries go into the collectors, could it be related to firing order or is it just haphazard design?

I've wondered this myself. I seem to recall that Ted knows what it is. I did notice that the Sanderson Headers use a different sequence than the Rex Performance headers. For aesthetic purposes one would think that Rex would have swapped the position of the #1 and #2 tubes. Although if its not a performance issue it cold be a fitment issue.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
Delta, British Columbia
ian57tbird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 9 days ago
lyonroad (3/6/2014)
[quote]

I've wondered this myself. I seem to recall that Ted knows what it is. I did notice that the Sanderson Headers use a different sequence than the Rex Performance headers. For aesthetic purposes one would think that Rex would have swapped the position of the #1 and #2 tubes. Although if its not a performance issue it cold be a fitment issue.

I don't think it is for fitment, especially the right side, there is nothing to interfere with on the TBird. For aesthetic purposes bringing the centre ports to the outside and the end ports closer to the block would have come close to equalizing the primary tube lengths. On the right they mixed it, one out one in. On the left the centre tubes are close to the block and the end ports go to the outside. Not sure how important equal length is on a shorty header. The back tube on the left takes a strange path but I think that is due to restrictions on how close a mandrel bender can put bends close to each other as they are one piece tubes, not welded.

Just ordered some very expensive luggage, I'm sure Ron said he was paying for that.Smile
CK and his 55Tbird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Thanks Mark.
Rono
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I should have know that was comingw00t

Rono

CK and his 55Tbird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
I finally fitted my headers.I will up load some photo's tomorrow.
Its good to have the engine back in at that too.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter