Profile Picture

5752-113 porting

Posted By CK and his 55Tbird 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago

Too bad, they look good. The Canadian/Australian exchange rate is favorable but the shipping would be a killer. Just out of curiosity do they fit sedans? They kind of resemble Tbird headers. My brother in law will be in Wollongong in a month or so.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia
CK and his 55Tbird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
I'm told the lifters are re-hardened once shaped.
CK and his 55Tbird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)

Maybe you could get a few guys together on this site to order in bulk and reduce costs further.parts and shipping?
speedpro56
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Heard of too many going south unless for a stocker.

-Gary Burnette-

slick56
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
lyonroad (1/26/2014)

Too bad, they look good. The Canadian/Australian exchange rate is favorable but the shipping would be a killer. Just out of curiosity do they fit sedans? They kind of resemble Tbird headers. My brother in law will be in Wollongong in a month or so.

I will email him tonight to see if he knows if they will fit a full size Ford, if so i will order a set and keep you informed.

South Australia

CK and his 55Tbird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

"What colour is she" "Its green"
"Green, Greens nice"
CK and his 55Tbird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

So back to porting.I've seen Ted's 375 with the block having notches in the tops of the bores.
This head had 2.02" valves I'm pretty sure.
Will this help my 292 ????
Ted
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Week
CK and his 55Tbird (1/26/2014)
....What are your thoughts on re surfacing Lifters?
I have two separate thoughts on this. The first is as long as new quality lifters are available, then it’s more cost effective to use the new lifters versus the risk that’s involved with the reground lifters. The second thought is as more lifters are resurfaced, then the chance of regrinding a set of lifters that has already been previously reground gets higher which in turn increases the risk of reduced surface hardening attributes.

There have been many past discussions on this site regarding the use of reground lifters and the following link brings up several of those.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/FindPost66378.aspx

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Ted
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Week
CK and his 55Tbird (1/27/2014)
So back to porting.I've seen Ted's 375 with the block having notches in the tops of the bores.
This head had 2.02" valves I'm pretty sure.
Will this help my 292 ????

With the iron heads, the notches are required to keep the intake valves from hitting the cylinders wall edges with any substantial lift at the valve. While the aluminum head valves have been relocated so that the intake valves will now free drop into the cylinders, the notches do still help the air flow in that area and especially when the valve lifts are increased beyond the mild performance stuff. When doing the notches, be sure that they are kept above where the top ring resides within the cylinder bore.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

CK and his 55Tbird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Interesting Ted, thanks.

Another question regarding the chambers of the 113 heads. They seem to curl back at the head surface?

Reading This Topic

Site Meter