Profile Picture

56 Ford Y-Block powered "Gasser" build up

Posted By Lancer 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
The upgrade was meant to fix problems that did exist and it seems to have fixed many of those.. while introducing others.

Drag and drop works for me but not the icon.  You posted a picture a couple days ago.  Do you remember how you did it? 

Is the whole forum slow for you?  This thread is slow for me but I notice that it is because the pictures are full size which means they have to load and that slows things down.  If you are able to figure out how to post, please resize them. There is a free program I use called Photorazor for resizing.

I'm sorry I can't be much more help.  Some can post pictures and some can't and I don't know why.

Lawrenceville, GA
Lancer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (502 reputation)Supercharged (502 reputation)Supercharged (502 reputation)Supercharged (502 reputation)Supercharged (502 reputation)Supercharged (502 reputation)Supercharged (502 reputation)Supercharged (502 reputation)Supercharged (502 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
So, back to the wheel sizing, I'm going to go with 15x8.5 for the rear size. The car is headed to a local shop this week where they will get the wheel wells cut and the mock up wheels in place to do some measuring so we have an idea for back space. The mopar rear is slightly wider than the 8" coming out. 

www.speednchrome.com
Facebook
Instagram
Lancer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (502 reputation)Supercharged (502 reputation)Supercharged (502 reputation)Supercharged (502 reputation)Supercharged (502 reputation)Supercharged (502 reputation)Supercharged (502 reputation)Supercharged (502 reputation)Supercharged (502 reputation)

still having a lot of issues posting pics so I'll just comment for now.

My son swapped the diffs on the 56 over the weekend and then had to put the 8" backs since the ubolts wouldn't go around the mopar tubes.  

Oh well, the car will be heading to the local hot rod shop, Modesto Rod & Custom in a couple of days so they can start on the suspension. 

Got the gas tank pulled (anyone looking for one) and some other parts pulled out. The 8" will be for sale once it comes back out very soon.

www.speednchrome.com
Facebook
Instagram
yalincoln
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
hi, have you seen these pics. from the shootout last year?

lincoln/merc. y-blocks &mel's                                                               bucyrus, ohio.
MoonShadow
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I finally had an adapter made for the lower pulley. I used a lightweight McCulloch pulley for the basic shape. It bolts up using the crank center bolt and the two auxilliary pulley bolts.  So I am progressing on my 4-71 setup. One thing I hadn't given much thought to was the hood. I see the scoop poking through, did the carb come up that high too? My hood is louvered and I really don't want to cut a hole in it. Kind of hoping to find a cheap 55 hood or even better a fiberglass one. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Lancer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

yalincoln (4/12/2014)

I have not seen those, thanks for sharing. No engine shots, whats he running? Is it a four speed car?

www.speednchrome.com
Facebook
Instagram
Glen Henderson
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
The car that YA posted is running a blown 312 and the trans is a 6 speed Richmond if I remember correctly. The car was built by a friend of mine here in Al for a guy in PA. The car is a work of art!

Glen Henderson

Freedom is not Free

Letohatchee, AL
Lancer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Its been quite on the build. I have been working on the new magazine and its been taking all my brain power. It will be off to the printer in the next couple of days. We are going to try to get the wheel wells cut this weekend so we can get the rear in place to start the ladder bar design. 

Thanks for the additional info on the car Glen. 

www.speednchrome.com
Facebook
Instagram
Lancer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Any photos showing the engine or interior??

yalincoln (4/12/2014)

www.speednchrome.com
Facebook
Instagram
Lancer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

So, our pal Bill Carlson, owner of WAC Customs and official sponsor of our Canned Monster just informed me that he is upgrading our axle, the one he just finished! All I can say is wow. We will now have a I-Beamed-Tube axle. Bigger and stronger, just in case those front wheels decide they want to come up.

Still can't add photos. Not sure why. Hopefully that gets resolved. 

www.speednchrome.com
Facebook
Instagram

Reading This Topic

Site Meter