Profile Picture

Can't rotate dizzy! Vacuum advance canister in the way!

Posted By easyissy 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Try NAPA. According to their listing it is the same vacuum advance as used on Ford small blocks and FE's.

Speaking of which, will a Ford small block distributor fit in a Y-Block? Maybe using a Y-Block shaft or something? Reason I ask is there seems to be NO reman Y-Block distributors right now and just looking for future options. Smooooth

http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Uploads/Images/af13a279-385d-4926-92f2-349a.jpg"The Master Cylinder"

Enjoying life at the beach in SOCAL Smooooth

easyissy
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
That's the type with the off center linkage arm. I need the straight arm type.

Thanks for looking though.

58 Ford Custom 300 - San Pedro, CA (So-Cal)
aussiebill
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
easyissy (9/4/2013)

Those straight arm vac pots are hard to find, TEE-BIRD products has the curved ones modified to straight arm style, give bill a call.

AussieBill            YYYY    Forever Y Block     YYYY

Down Under, Australia

The Master Cylinder
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

OH!!

http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Uploads/Images/af13a279-385d-4926-92f2-349a.jpg"The Master Cylinder"

easyissy
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
aussiebill (9/4/2013)
easyissy (9/4/2013)

Those straight arm vac pots are hard to find, TEE-BIRD products has the curved ones modified to straight arm style, give bill a call.

Ya, I'm starting to figure that out with these prices. TEE-BIRD products has them for $45 so I'll save $10 over going to Mac's. w00t

Maybe I could just buy the off center linkage type and modify it myself. There only $15-$20.

Couldn't I just cut off the angled portion of the arm and weld in a straight piece the same length as the one I have? Do you guys think that would work?

58 Ford Custom 300 - San Pedro, CA (So-Cal)
GREENBIRD56
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
The point plate and pivot off the later distributors - from 289/302/351/and infinitum - will those adapt to the upper rotor shaft and cam of the Autolite distributor? Then the curved leg can would fit..........later Motorcraft donors are easier to find.

I put the Duraspark stator and pivot off the later distributors into the Autolites - and use the curved leg can with those.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/9ea2bf28-00c4-4772-9ac7-d154.jpg 
 Steve Metzger       Tucson, Arizona
The Master Cylinder
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

A friend just ordered a remanufactured distributor and when it arrived it was one with the straight vacuum arm. # FEL-12127AB He wanted to put a Pertronix III in it. I'm not familiar with these units at all. What is the difference between the two types. Will the Pertronix work. How does the point plate even come out.

One last thing, the mechanical advance springs seem really strong, will the Grant spring kit fit this unit.

Lot of questions but like I said I'm not familiar with them and don't want to go tearing into it. He has 30 days to return it if it doesn't work. Thing is the other model seems to be made of Unobtainium all of the sudden.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/8c1b445f-15a3-4324-bc2e-7457.JPG

Thanx for any info.

The Master Cylinder
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

After some research I believe a FEL-12127 is for a '57 368" Merc?? Anybody know if it will work in a 292" After looking at my Pertronix III I'm pretty sure it won't fit because of the vacuum advance arm. More than likely other reasons also. By the picture does it look like it takes the same points as the 'regular' '57 up Ford distributor.

Arrgh, don't like hassels.w00t

ian57tbird
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Looks identical on top to my T Bird dizzy. Those straight arm units are available from T Bird parts suppliers. I put a new one on mine.

Don't think welding would do the diaphragm any favours.
charliemccraney
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
The Master Cylinder (9/4/2013)
Speaking of which, will a Ford small block distributor fit in a Y-Block? Maybe using a Y-Block shaft or something?

I have a Duraspark body in mine right now so it definitely did not come from a Y-Block. Not sure if it is a small block or big block, but I think the bodies are all the same. To the best of my knowledge, the shaft and gear are the parts that are different.

Lawrenceville, GA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter