Profile Picture

Oil pressure?

Posted By HoLun 17 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 17 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (232 reputation)Supercharged (232 reputation)Supercharged (232 reputation)Supercharged (232 reputation)Supercharged (232 reputation)Supercharged (232 reputation)Supercharged (232 reputation)Supercharged (232 reputation)Supercharged (232 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Haven't post much lately, so heres a question.

I have a rotor pump, before I did any modification to it, at idle, I get about 10psi, 30-40 at cruise, I think thats within specs from the factory service manual, but I think its a little low, so I put a bunch of washers between the nut and the spring of the oil pressure regulator valve on the oil pump, now it idles at 25psi hot and 55-60 psi cruising.

but the thing is, with the washers in there, it limits travel of the regulator piston, I dont know if it will affact anything, but so far I haven;t have any problems.

what oil pressure you guys have in you Ys? do you guys think that 25psi at idle and 60 at cruise is overkill for these engine? is there any high pressure springs out there that will fit the rotor pump instead of putting shims and washer in it?

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post Oil pressure? By HoLun ( 17 Years Ago )
Forum Post That used to be an easy modification. We could buy the oil pump... By MoonShadow ( 17 Years Ago )
Forum Post Shimming the spring isn’t expected to affect the hot oil pressure... By Ted ( 17 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hi ted and guys, i drilled and tapped the relief spring screwin plug... By aussiebill ( 17 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ted,

If the roadster is only making 70# hot pressure at...
By DANIEL TINDER ( 17 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]DANIEL TINDER (11/3/2007)[/b][hr]Ted, If the roadster is... By Ted ( 17 Years Ago )
Forum Post Pardon my ignorance guys (still learning the basics). I assume then... By DANIEL TINDER ( 17 Years Ago )
Forum Post Dan, The pump manufacturer will build the pump to Ford specs.... By pegleg ( 17 Years Ago )
Forum Post Does anyone know the spring rate of the stock spring? I bought some... By charliemccraney ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]charliemccraney (5/23/2009)[/b][hr]Does anyone know the... By Ted ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thanks, Ted. You know, I looked right at that post.
Isn't it...
By charliemccraney ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]HoLun (11/1/2007)[/b][hr] ...the thing is, with the washers... By simplyconnected ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post I'm probably from a whole different school of thought than everyone... By crenwelge ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ive read all the posts with a lot of interest, because of some similar... By 46yblock ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]46yblock (5/24/2009)[/b][hr]Ive read all the posts with a... By Ted ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Ted (5/25/2009)[/b][hr][quote][b]46yblock... By 46yblock ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]46yblock (5/26/2009)[/b][hr] Did it using .120 shim and... By simplyconnected ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thanks Ted, and thanks Holun for starting the thread. Mike By 46yblock ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post 46yblock, are you running a zddp additive with the 10w 30w oil? Just... By speedpro56 ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Simplyconnected and Gary, yeah I am pleased with the pressure. Really... By 46yblock ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Mike, you are breaking in your new engine, right. I'm sure it will... By simplyconnected ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Correction on the cold idle pressures: 45 psi cold idle and 52 psi... By 46yblock ( 15 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter