Profile Picture

Y-BLOCK BOOK

Posted By stuey 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
morning folks

just been rummaging on Amazon, actualy looking for Skylanders for grandson, and came across a new book (Ford Y-Block Engines:How To Build and Modify). Author Charles Morris.

would this be the long awaited book from Mr Mummert and C Morris is a ghost writer??? have i got that round the wrong way?Blink

stuey

UK
NoShortcuts
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
stuey (3/15/2013)
...just been rummaging on Amazon, ...and came across a new book, Ford Y-Block Engines: How To Rebuild and Modify. Author Charles Morris.

Would this be the long awaited book from Mr. Mummert and C Morris is a ghost writer??? Have I got that round the wrong way?Blink

stuey
UK

THANKS for the heads-up, Stuey. Presently, here in the U.S. this is listed on Amazon as 'yet to be released'. I pre-ordered! Smile

Looks to be a Ted Eaton engine on the cover...

IF someone were to edit and organize the content of the Y-Blocks Forever Forum technical information archives, that would make QUITE the book!

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
Oldmics
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Charles Morris is not Mr. Mummert in disguise.

Charles has written several automotive books.My favorite is "Factory Lightweights" about the factory aluminum paneled race cars in street disguise.

Charles interviewed me and took some pictures of some of my junk that may be in the book.

Recently his home was destroyed in the floods up in the New York,New Jersey area.

Hes a good guy.Buy his book so that he has some money to rebuild his home.

I know I will.

Oldmics
pegleg
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
What Oldmics said. They've lost almost everything. If you're on Facebook, he posts regularly. The Sandy Hook "cleanup" is a complete disaster, comparable to the New Orleans mess. Or as we called it in the service a fubar.

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

charliemccraney
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
A link.

http://www.amazon.com/Ford-Y-Block-Engines-Rebuild-Modify/dp/1613250614/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1363356863&sr=8-3&keywords=Ford+Y-Block+Engines

Lawrenceville, GA
BudMan
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thank you for the link! I just pre-ordered a copy. I'm just about done building my engine but this book will probably tell me all the things I did wrong! : )

BudMan

When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (430 reputation)Supercharged (430 reputation)Supercharged (430 reputation)Supercharged (430 reputation)Supercharged (430 reputation)Supercharged (430 reputation)Supercharged (430 reputation)Supercharged (430 reputation)Supercharged (430 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
i have long giving up on johns book.i first heard about it around 12 or more years ago.it was less than a year away.
PF Arcand
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Writing a well organized comprehensive book on our favorite engine would be a major project. That was already done by James Eickman & issued in 1984 by MBI publishing. It's a good book, although it contains a couple of errors & one or two questionable recommendations. However, it only touches on one or two performance modifications, so in that respect it's little help. Obviously, since then, led by people such as Ted Eaton & John Mummert, a lot has been learned with respect to rebuilding, up grading & modifying the Y-Block engine & suppling performance parts for it. If Mummert intended to do such a book, I suspect that he just doesn't have the time... The only other reasonably orderly written presentations of working on the engine, appeared in the Street Rodder Magazines series in 1999, "Y-Notta Y-Block". And a similar series in Classic Truck in 2001-2, both written by Doc Frohmader. However, both are out of print & while worth finding, some of the material is now somewhat dated...
Edit; I should have mentioned that the original MBI published Y-block book is long out of print. Unfortunately, someone has done poor re prints of it. Apparently the photos are dark & somewhat unusable. This has led to some bad reviews of the book. It appears that some or all of the reprints use a different cover than the original, which featured a 1954 Ford with the dealer see thru engine hood & skyliner (glass) top. If buying a copy ensure it's an original, not a reprint...

Paul
Ted
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
Boy. That engine sure looks familiar. Here's the cover shot of the soon to be released book.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/f94b3a36-b15d-4bb6-bafa-2597.jpg

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

speedpro56
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Ordered mine and it said delivery time a WOW FACTORw00t sept. So looks like I'll just have to wait.

-Gary Burnette-

Reading This Topic

Site Meter