Profile Picture

Y-BLOCK BOOK

Posted By stuey 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
SEPTEMBER! GooD GrieF! Is the author still writing the book or is he negotiating with someone for permission to use their information or pictures?

SEPTEMBER! 'BudMan' isn't the only one who better have his engine together before this book comes out! Maybe they're trying to determine how many to print by doing advance advertising and advance selling... Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
The Master Cylinder
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Oldmics (3/15/2013)

Charles has written several automotive books.My favorite is "Factory Lightweights" about the factory aluminum paneled race cars in street disguise.

Oldmics

Wow, must be good, on sale on Amazon for $383.00. w00tw00t

http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Uploads/Images/af13a279-385d-4926-92f2-349a.jpg"The Master Cylinder"

Enjoying life at the beach in SOCAL Smooooth

Daniel Jessup
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
You've gotta say that the internet changed everything... the actual "need" for another Y block book went down in proportion to how many people use the internet in this day and age. I remember when I was a teenager and I ran across the Eickman book. I read that thing like it was the Bible Tongue! My personal opinion is that something needs to be written for the performance end of things and it sure looks like this new one is going to fit that bill. Wonder if the author consulted heavily with any of the "leaders of the pack" around here?

It might be next to impossible, but I tend to think that the best book with the best content would have to be a collaborative piece of work where you could get all the minds together on this thing. I don't know about others, but the history of the performance of the Y block in the racing department would be high on my list of "want's" for inclusion. Worldwide, I would guess we would all be interested. There is quite a bit of history here in the states, but what about Australia? what about Brazil and parts of South America where they continue to race Y's? There go the volumes, lol, we would need a set of books!

Even though we've got the internet, i've got a kindle, etc, etc, I still like the idea of a "book". I ordered 2 copies myself.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

NoShortcuts
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
The Master Cylinder (3/16/2013)

Wow, must be good, on sale on Amazon for $383.00.

Gosh! For once I was bought early and paid less! Thank you, 'stuey'!

Supply and demand issue, likely. It's become collectible even before its been printed! w00t

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
Oldmics
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
While I was a lucky guy and recieved mine as a gift,I believe the AMAZON price listed is a missprint.

Oldmics
lyonroad
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I don't understand the $383. Charlie's link shows the price as $16.47. Amazon Canada lists the price as $22.48. Pretty inexpensive either way.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia
Daniel Jessup
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I believe that that 383 price is for the Factory Lightweights book... I think that was what Master Cylinder was referring too

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

lyonroad
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Oh I see now. The Factory Lightweights book is a mere $640.18 Canadian new. A used copy is a bargain at $507.70 Canadian. Its tough sledding getting those books over the border! At that rate I don't think the $383 is a typo.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia
The Master Cylinder
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Daniel Jessup (3/17/2013)
You've gotta say that the internet changed everything... the actual "need" for another Y block book

Daniel, Unless I haul my computer into my 'reading room' I do truly "need" another book...Smooooth

The Factory Lightweights book sounded like a good read until I saw the price. Amazing the price of some books. A little steep for me.

I've seen this book as high as $200.00 Station Wagons http://amzn.to/142gJ9r I have two of them that were gifted to me.

http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Uploads/Images/af13a279-385d-4926-92f2-349a.jpg"The Master Cylinder"

The Master Cylinder
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I pre ordered "Ford Y-Block Engines" from Amazon.com. Just got an update e-mail on my order. It was to be released in September 2013, now...

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Morris, Charles "Ford Y-Block Engines: How to Rebuild & Modify"
Estimated arrival date: March 20, 2014 - March 25, 2014

We will make every effort to get the delayed item(s) to you as soon as possible. If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account (www.amazon.com/youraccount) at no additional cost.

Shades of John Mummert's Book?? w00tw00t

Reading This Topic

Site Meter