Profile Picture

Rebuilding my 1959 highschool 28 rod w/ 292Y power

Posted By The Bat out of hell 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Randy Gummelt did that with an old dual 4 aluminum manifold. Came out pretty good. And there is a fellow on here from Australia that has just made new blower casting based on the Cragar. They are $970 plus shipping but considering the last two I saw went for over $4000! The only thing I like better than a McCullouch/Paxton on a Y-Block is a 4-71. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
MoonS,I like that Paxton set WOW nice,I had one on my 65 Study Lark Daytona,long gone now,hot set up in that Lark. I only have a old 2x4 Y-block that is for a 1954 v8 239,didn't wish to cut that up and those are small ports,or any other good type intake for that matter,so 2bbl works fine for me.
Still would really like to get a late 4bbl intake to run tell I get all this crazy supercharger stuff done in a few years,not in a rush on the super project,too much work still to do on rod too.
Here is a shot of a tunnelram top I got very cheep-O,guy was asking $30 I gave it too him with out even offering less ,was thinking about it being on top of 471 with 2 small carbs.Cool I have my fav. old part too,my Spalding Ign. you can see in this photo,that will also be back on my rod again at some point,just need to get it all going again for now though.

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

retired speed shop owner,built and design hotrods, racecars

airbrush t-shirts, engine balancing

Miami fl.
MoonShadow
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I'm starting to think we are meeting in the same dreams! I'm saving my beans now to try and get one of Lindsays intakes. I have most of the rest including the 4-71 and if that isn't enough I also picked up a 6V-71. It will fit with a simple adapter plate. Current plan is to run one carb, at least to start. I really want this setup to be fully streetable. I'm also seeking wisdom as I know nothing about these blower setups. Unfortunately there are no Y-Block "go fast" guys in my area. A lot of stockers and some serious "I want to be judged" cars but nothing in the competition arena. The one fellow I had, who really reminded me of Ted, died of a stroke last year. Only in his 50's but he built a lot of race engines for dragsters and circle track cars all over the country. He's missed. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)

Here is a better up close of how the headers came out,these are the SBChevy headers I cut the chevy flange off and added Y-Ford flange too,after spreading center pipes to match Y ports.

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Got only a little done this weekend,found good fit rad hose for top and bottom and also the clamps. Started working on designing so new brake and clutch pedals with MC mount,this with replace my swing set up with under floor design this time around to clean up fire wall look and keep me from having to find losted parts of old pedals that I didn't like that well anyway. Will post photos of them after I have other then cardborad cut outs to show.

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Got most stuff fitted up again in what looks right to me.

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

To get a duelmaster cly update vs my old one. I designed underfloor brake and mec clutch box=a kind of all in one Z-bar deel.,I did look around,but didn't like much of the ones that are out there. As i'm updating from swing to under floor and adding a duelmastercly vs old one piston. The clutch pedal pivets on a tube that goes across to other side of box and has a small arm that pulls Y-block bellhousing arm backward.

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/39fe67dd-b1b5-4699-834b-901b.jpgChecking for rad fan shroud size.

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

To get a new duelmaster brake into my roadster,I designed and built this set up,the clutch pedal axle tube cross over and has a small arm=a Z-bar but behind vs in front of bell housing arm so it pulls back.http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=1810&pictureid=20585

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

My old tail lights needed some work too,so to replace the rusted up scockets and add some new lenzs,I got a set of trailer lights from HF at $9.99,this gave me the parts needed for my update by gutting tialer lite and building some new brackets for sockets. The new lenzs give me a chance to used the bigger and briter side of these old lights vs smaller darker red glass lenz side I had used before,seems like a good idea with the extra cars on the road now to light up the back as much as I can. I put photo of my light work but it show only as atachmint below that you can cleck on to see,I haven't fig out why it didn't just show?I must of missed clicking on something.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/43f2fca9-4cf6-4611-8d78-ec00.jpg

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.
Attachments
small1lite.jpg (503 views, 93.00 KB)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter