Profile Picture

Rebuilding my 1959 highschool 28 rod w/ 292Y power

Posted By The Bat out of hell 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
"The Bat"out of hell (3/4/2013)
Another try here for posting photos,going to follow Teds link/instrucions;

The new forum software has an added feature I didn't see on the old software and that's another selection option in the "Edit Image" pop up window. On the left side of the window, the default option is "Link Image" but if you'll select "Upload Images", this should do the trick for you. I also looked at that original picture that you added as an attachment and it's way too big for a normal upload. If you'll downsize it first to a reasonable byte size, the site will load it easier. 500 byte size in any direction is the sites default max size for posting.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Thanks Ted,I'll try that too.

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

retired speed shop owner,built and design hotrods, racecars

airbrush t-shirts, engine balancing

Miami fl.
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)

Been getten a lot done this past weekend,was 90* here in Miami with 40 MPH winds.I stuck my two bbl carb manifold on to get her running again right away back when I cleaned up my old Y-block,cuz I had sold 2x4 set up back in 1965,Been thinking about finding a late 4bbl intake for running after I got her a little more done. I'm not going to be using the nice duel EX stock manifolds so maybe can trade some one for a Holley 4bbl. intake manifold.? Been work every weekend pretty hard on my old baby with help from my buddy John Fenner and we got body to the point of test fitting here in photo,so put it back in my garage as I do a lot adjusting and triming by my self for a few weeks. My headers I made from the old Chevys came out good,you can see were I wedage the center pipes apart enough to match Ford Y-block ports, Well lets see if this works for updated photo. WOWthe photo showed by linking,cool I can show you all stuff.

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Well I just staired at it for two days cuz something didn't seem right to me,and I'm the one I need to plazzs. So cut the floor back out and redid it so body is more like I remember it being now that so many years went by and lots of metal rusted away and now got replace again.

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.
MoonShadow
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
There are a lot of new aftermarket parts available for the Y. John Mummert has aluminum intakes and heads! Check him out at:

http://www.ford-y-block.com/

Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks Moonshadow,but low bucks keeps that out of reach,just need to keep hunting and trading stuff like always.

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.
MoonShadow
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
With the Y-Block parts market climbing in recent years the cost of the desired items seems out of control. A modern style 4BBL intake can cost upwards of $100. The Mummert intake is a proven design, see Ted Eatons extensive dyno tests on intakes and exhausts. So for me, also retired, it was a matter of saving some money to get the right stuff. I do love your car and the engine looks pretty darn good the way it is now.

Also, try making a list of the parts you are looking for and post it here in the for sale area as wanted. You never know what the guys on this forum have laying around. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Much later at some point I'll have enough done on a side project for my old rod , to put a 2V belt driven 471 superchager [or a Roush off a newer car]on my 292Y-block,here is the refabed crank pulley,I cut the front damper pulley off and reshaped the inside so I co0uld put a BBC 3V pulley in place and with a alum spacer to lock it in with two big bolts to Ford holes. I only work on this stuff every now and then cuz there a lot of things to make,for drive belts and pop-off ect.

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

How to make a homemade Y-block supercharger intake !Here is at lest one uses of a old 2bbl "Y" intake,I milled off the top flat and opened up a fairly big hole,built a 1x1in. sq. box to fit top of hole and welded it there/also plugs off EX hearter,this box then can be drilled and taped for a big 1/2in. alum plate to mount 471 too.
Pop off will be added to intake as well.

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Her you see a cardboard muck up of alum plate mount for 471.

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter