Profile Picture

Rebuilding my 1959 highschool 28 rod w/ 292Y power

Posted By The Bat out of hell 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Had to redo my inhead water temp sending unit bung,so I could put mec. fitting into it,drill and retap to bigger size. I had forgot it was a press in head bung-thinking it was screwed in.,so it came out when I tryed to tap,but stayed in place long enough to drill. Darn,at lest it opened up so I could suck out with vac filings[vac add of a small hose adtachmint]. Ended up making a new bung and adding fitting before pressing back in.

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

retired speed shop owner,built and design hotrods, racecars

airbrush t-shirts, engine balancing

Miami fl.
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)Supercharged (164 reputation)

Got the 1948 frontend in my 1928 "A" http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/fe8418f2-2cf4-4090-90ab-d2bc.jpgback together,cleaned up well.

****I'm looking for older 4100 4bbl carb to rebuild,its OK if its locked up,I can fix that,don't need chock stuff at all. thanks

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I desided to move my plate mount from under the left tailight to centered on the rear. I'm adding a 1928/31 folding luggage rack behind beerkeg gas tank on some temp brackets that will hold in place by two big wingnuts. This is going to be so I can bring along my wifes wheelchair to shows for her to come along. The plate would not be seen as EZ if I left it in it's old spot.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/fc897d83-4146-4542-9ca6-4941.jpgI"m trying to find a 4bbl carb 4100 I can rebuild,don't matter if froze up,I fix that,don't need any chock stuff ether,for my 292Y

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

My old Ford Y-block motor has been hiding in the corner of garage for many years doing nothing.
Some times they don't like to wake up!
Stubburn but she goes,did not wish too!, We pumped up oil psi before trying to run,.
Had not run at all for 3 years,and then only for 2 min. on the floor on blocks,before that I'm guessing it had not been running for around 30 years +. I'm happy about it now,great oil PSI,45# @ 180*. She'll need the valves adjusted and another carb. yet.Plus a water pump/its leaking some.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_de3_gbWIvY

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.
MoonShadow
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 36 minutes ago
Have you ever heard one of the old rotary airplane engines start? Sure made me think of them. Certainly is a nice looking rebuild you've got going there. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks Chuck,After the gal burned off the lube I had done in the clys to store her,she stopped smoking 4 the most part and smoothed out some. But carb is junk,so is the water pump. Little things to fix.

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

After little more playing around,She starts up now nicely,but smoke seems to be going away slowly,maybe rigs will get to working again after a few hot and cold times running..
The 2bbl intake and carb that I had put on to get the 292 to run,was not excatly as good as said by the guy I got it from,but I'm sure he didn't know that who ever had rebuilt the 2bbl carb,had left out the check ball under the booster screw=thats why carb was working funny. Even funnyer is I found the ball just raddeling around in exc.pump housing,and yes the other ball was in place as it should be behind the pump. Werid but fixed

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
Bat:

Sorta reminds me of a guy I used to work beside in a dealership in the '60s. You would tear a carb all apart, put the parts in a basket, and lower it into a 5 gal bucket of cleaner. After taking the basket out of the bucket and rinsing everything off, when you weren't looking he would walk by and drop an extra check ball in your basket. He never took any parts out, only put extra in.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Got the body back onto the frame,and bolted down,mounted the seatbelt clips too,cuz there also bolted to frame mounts and body.

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.
The Bat out of hell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

my photo didn't show ,I don't know why,but I guess its a link or something to it????of the Ford alt. that I have two of,would like to figout a way to use one with out pending more then $ 30 if it can be done?Its been a trip to the passed as I remeber some things I forgot after trying to do it again,ton of fun! These no fiberglass now or then,but have some glazzing puddy to smooth out some rust pits that seem a lot deeper now. Next thing to find or make some how is alternator working and some glass for windsheild. The hotrod piggy bank is really getting low,so my plan 4 a new one wire Alt. is out,I'll need to fig a way of using stock Ford Alt. I have and find a Ford reg for it. Along with other little stuff on my list,getting closer to a good old time ride around!.

"The Bat" out of hell

50's & 60's hotrodder

Miami fl.
Attachments
fordAlt.jpg (337 views, 687.00 KB)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter