Profile Picture

Bugs?

Posted By Jim 11 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Administrator

Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Year
As with any major upgrade, there are bugs in moving from the very old version to current. Stephen and I worked through a bunch of them yesterday, and I tried to break things last night. So far, it is looking good, but if you guys find any issues where you get an error, just shoot me an email letting me know what you were trying to do when it had the problem. With that knowledge, Stephen is VERY fast at fixing it.

We went from hosting the forums on godaddy.com to a totally different server which is actually designed to do sql databases. There are two main creators of sql software, Microsoft and Azure. We moved from the former to the latter so we have found that there are a few commands that are different with making things go. Not a big deal, but we need to be totally issue free.

You may have noticed that the forum responds much quicker also. That is part of having the server that is built to do this specifically.

I hope that everyone likes the new look and feel, you should only have to login the first time and as the box is checked to remember you, it should know who you are from that point on.

Enjoy! It is for you!

Jim (site owner)
'56 Club Sedan - Ted Eaton built 429 hp '292/318, '54 Sunliner - stock '302
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Jim:

Thanks for the effort to improve what was already the best site ever. I have a "Y-Blocks Forever Forum" line on my favorites list, and I used to use it to go directly to the forum. Now when I use it the page comes up for me to sign in (it never remembers me), I do so and hit "login", and an error page comes up. If I go tothe home page and click on "forums" it comes right up. No big deal, I'm not complaining, but you asked if there were any glitches.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
Jim
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Administrator

Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)

John, that is because the forum is no longer where it used to be. When you go directly to the forum, the counter never knows that you have been to the site. But if you insist, Smile, http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/default.aspx will get you directly to the forum. I will be removing the old forum totally as all the info was moved to the new one by Stephen.

Jim (site owner)
MoonShadow
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Thanks for putting your picture up Jim. So thats what you look like! Whistling Site definately seems to be loading quicker. Looks like a good change. Will watch for those pesky bugs. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Jim:

Oops, sorry. About twice a day for 10 years I have been bypassing your counter. I'll do it right from now on.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
Jim
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Administrator

I knew that but didn't want to start name calling! BigGrin

Jim (site owner)
MoonShadow
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Jim,

I mentioned that a while back and got a lot of odd questions about the "hit counter". You hadn't said anything for quite some time but I had to assume you were still watching them. By the way what are the current hit numbers?

On the new site, I logged in and out yesterday but left my computer on the forum. So far it has defaulted back to something like the old forums too many searchs in x seconds warning with the old look. If I click on "home" I get a complete error page. I'll try to get a copy next time it happens.

I go to "favorites" and reload the Y-Blocks forever main page and click forums and its right back to the new and improved model. Not sure if anyone else has seen that.

Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Jim
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Administrator

The last report (I get one each week) was something like 534,000 hits to the site. Don't remember page views but it was well over one million.

Jim (site owner)
Glen Henderson
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Jim, thanks for everything you have done. This has always been one of the best car sites on the internet and now it seems to be even better. After getting over the initial shock of the change (old dogs don't like change), I'm liking it! Too complicate thing even more for me, my wife bought me a new laptop for Christmas with Windows 8, talk about getting use to a change, but at least I am finally able to get on my sites without have to ask for help. Look forward to meeting you in person in Columbus this year.

Glen Henderson

Freedom is not Free

Letohatchee, AL
charliemccraney
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

One bug that seems to be carrying over is the Time zones. If I set mine to Eastern, it says it is now 12:39am, tomorrow. It is 6:39pm.
It did something like this in the old forum, too.
Right now I'm at Midway Island, Samoa to get the correct time displayed.

Lawrenceville, GA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter